xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Google Search Engine Gets An Update

Well it seems google search engine will get a big update when people begin using the search engine. When a person checks the results of what they entered, they now have the option to check if video's exsist but instead the video will be within the search query. So basically instead of clicking all over the place everything will be intertwined within each other, they also plan to include a gmail link up on top of the search results. Which means new people can sign up for a gmail account that is now open to the public.

They also provided a link to new idea's google is testing on their search engine, one them called time line search, in which a user can see a timeline of a person and what they did between their birth and death. So it seems google will stay on top as the best search engine in the world as yahoo and microsoft try to spend millions to get to the level of google.

SOURCE

Here
Here
Here

This is of course awesome. I remember when Metacrawler was big back in the late-90s; they tried to advance but some of their ideas were weird, and not necessarily free. My only concern with Google is how the Google pages are starting to get cluttered with too many "gadgets"; like a swiss army knife too big to fit in your pocket.

You like it, I don't.... Changes the original design of Google, and it seems as if Google is now becoming a wannabe, by adding features other search engines have used. But, this will help google, as google is the number one search engines, and always will be!

Has anyone seen the new google design? I noticed it yesterday... I haven't got any screen captures at the moment, will post some but it looks pretty cool to me :) What do you say? Better? Worse? To me it looks 3D and more convenient with my account on one side at the top and links at the side. By the way I don't think it works using the Firefox search engine tool.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merging with similar topic in progress

:) I don't see any change in google, whether it be the main google or igoogle or in firefox or internet explorer I don't see a change. What exactly changed? I'll wait until your screenshots are up so I can see it.

Well ordinary google didn't change, but i also noticed the change on google suggest labs project

Here's da link and i kinda don't like it.

still don't see a change. If you mean the chemical beaker yea i've seen that, but I figured that always changes and not a big deal (like the winter olympics and mothers day). Other then that, no difference.

I did notice some changes, the top part and the results "head-line" part.But these changes are only there once I use the Google Toolbar in Firefox and not in Google.co.in. I'll edit this post with a couple of screenshots in a few minutes...Here are 2 screenshots, hope this shows you what the change is or what change did I see... :)post-28463-1179807584_thumb.jpgpost-28463-1179807687_thumb.jpg

Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

It may look better but it throws off my balance. I'm so use to having the whole bar where for Search, Images, News, Etc and then now that I try to see images I go to where my cursor would be if it was on the old Google but then I realized Google moved it up. So that's the only problem I have about it.

I think it's a little more convenient, so I like it. Only problem is that I'm using a greasemonkey script that makes the background black and the text white, and when I hit more all I get is a white bar, so I'll have to change that or stop using the script.