xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
garbage

Buying The Extra Warranty At The Electronic Stores why does it take for ever...

Well I just recently bought a TV from one these stores "CC" and so I did pay good money for this tv the listed price was over 700 Dollars, plus tax, then ofcourse they tell you you should buy the extra warranty and that if anythign happens they replace it and i was like ok so for an extra 150 dollars i bought the plan.. well sure enough a few months down the road the tv craps out and its soemthing with the mother board inside the tv.. yuup the mother board... its a Panasonic Tv.. either way.. i show up to teh store with it to return it or get it replaced serviced whatever.. and they tell methat becasue i have that certain pertection plan and the brand of the manufactuer i need to ship it in to the main warehouse.. so they give me the ticket number tracking and all that.. they send me the shipping label.. so now i have to find a box big enough to place this in and then drop it off witht the BROWN Delivery comapny.. so now with all that said its been 3 months and im still waiting to get my refund or return for exchange .. and man this really sucks.. yeah i have another tv but i want to use mynew one.. we payed good money and it crapped out.. so my rant is why couldnt i just have exchanged it at the store .. why do we as the paying cutomers have to go thru all the crap of mailit in and then wait.. we should be able to drop it off at any locationa nd have it serviced and if they cant service it why cant they ship it out to their own warehouses and do us that favor...a buddy of mine had the same issue his ipod crapped out on him and he had to go thru the same bull.. they said that they couldnt do a instore exchange becasue of the product that it had to be sent out to their warehouses and then they have to sent it to the manufactuer being apple..and then after like 4 months he ended up getting a refund which was sent to him in a gift card.. fromt hat store.. so my thing was like why couldnt they just tell him to go to a local store and pick it up there.. they could have easily given him a card there.. at the store...

Well, I don;t think you should shop at that store anymore. You have to find a place that gives some good support. It's basically like looking for webhosting... they all iffer the same features at the same prices... its how good your support can be. Once you find a store with some good support and will still care about you after you leave the store... stick with them.

Yeah, and they still at least come with a little bit of a warranty, right? Plus a $150 warranty for a $700 TV sounds a bit steep. :XD: