xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cragllo

Page Loading Time how long does your page take to load?

All you have to do is add this code to your page where you want the loading time to be shown, the bottom is the most common place.

<?php[br]$loadbegintime = microtime();[/br]$loadbeginarray = explode(" ", $loadbegintime);[br]$loadbegintime = $loadbeginarray[1] + $loadbeginarray[0];[br][/br]$loadendtime = microtime();[/br]$loadendarray = explode(" ", $loadendtime);[br]$loadendtime = $loadendarray[1] + $loadendarray[0];[br][/br]$total_script_time = $loadendtime - $loadbegintime;[br][/br]echo "This Page took " .round($total_script_time , 6) ." seconds to load!";[/br]?>

Ah great! I have been looking for this code for ages! I didn't understand a previous example i read. I will use this on my site ;-)

Ive added the page loading time to my page but I'm sure its off somewhere, how can my page load in less than 1/10 of a second? It doesn't make sense unless the Xisto servers are extremely fast <_<

It shows teh time it took the server to proccess the page and deliver it. Not the time it takes the user to download off of the server.

Thanks, that explains alot. I thought it was the time it took your browser to process the page :D

Here is a better one using functions:

<?php/*** Simple function to replicate PHP 5 behaviour*/function microtime_float(){   list($usec, $sec) = explode(" ", microtime());   return ((float)$usec + (float)$sec);}$time_start = microtime_float();// Sleep for a whileusleep(100);$time_end = microtime_float();$time = $time_end - $time_start;echo "Did nothing in $time seconds\n";?>

This is quite self explanatory.
Also in PHP 5 onwards there is a better option:

<?php$time_start = microtime(true);// Sleep for a whileusleep(100);$time_end = microtime(true);$time = $time_end - $time_start;echo "Did nothing in $time seconds\n";?>

Hope you guys like it.