xisto Community
TypoMage

Frog Setup Not sure what kind?

Ok so I got some tadpoles in my room right now they are so cool, swimming around nipping at boiled lettuce. I need to know what kind of setup I need for them after they get big enough. Also how much it was cost. All I know is I need water and a tank. But not just tap water I know that the chemicles and chlorine would kill them. So could someone help me out. Right now they are in a jar as they are still very small and young. I am guessing they have been out of egg for about 3 days. So any help or tips on how to make sure my tadpoles or when they turn into frogs are healthy and comfortable.

This is from a faint memory, but back in elementary school, one of my teachers had their own little frog set-up in the class. He had the tank seem like a small forest kind of thing—very interesting. It had it's own "lake" which the frog could go to whenever it wanted to be in the water. It had soil in it which the frog could be on when it didn't wanna be in the water. Surprisingly enough, it had it's own "trees" (i.e. small plants that made the tank look like a small forest). And sometimes the teacher let us catch crickets outside (it was during a season of crickets, if you will). The ones we caught, we let loose in the tank for the frog to eat. Anyways, what i'm trying to imply is that this set-up could help you in maintaining a(n) (adult) frog.

Hmm Ok. Well I was sort of expecting somthing else. :) I wish I cpould say what kind they are. I found them in a man mad pond with frogs that have green under their chin. And I think one bullfrog it is huge like half of my head and also we saw it eat a snake and a bird!!!!! But still back to the question I need help! What I got so far is..1. Buy A Cage At Walmart2. By pebbles 3. And some Gld Fish food for Tadpoles4. Figure out what kind they are!!! ( I think they might be to small to I.D. )

They do free ID over at Petsmart if you have one around you should go check it out because they might be a type of breed that required a certain type of food and if you give them the wrong type they could die :)

With the exception of rescue and rehabilitation, I do not recommend folks take on exotic animals as "pets" as they require special care for the duration of their lives. After the novelty has worn off, many people lose interest and the animal suffers great harm, and often death as a result.

I suggest you return the tadpoles to the pond you took them from while they're still young. If their previous environment was a healthy one, that would be the best thing you can do for them. They are much better off in their original habitat - even if it's a man made pond. They were obviously doing well there. I doubt they will fare as well in your bedroom.

If you were a frog, would you rather be cramped up in someone's tank, or jumping to your heart's content from water lily to water lily in a nice big pond? Do the right thing and give the little guys back their freedom.

If you simply must hold on to them, understand the responsibility you owe them, and consult a veterinarian regarding their best care. Pet store employees are simply not that knowledgeable. If at any time you feel you can't provide the best care possible, find a responsible person who can. Best of luck to you. :)

Jeez people do not be so negative number 1, all tadpoles eat just about the same thing, they are very easy to care for. Also I'm not one of those kids even the smallest things amuse me and interest me, believe me when I say this I will not loose interest. I have also done loads of researching, they are not endangered and they are legal to take from the wild in my area. I DO now how to take care of them, I DO now what they're needs are so yep.

Tadpole?

Frog Setup

I have a tadpole but I have no clue what kind of frog it will be and I am not even sure if it really is a tadpole I fed it lettuce and aphids and it ate it but I am still not sure???

-reply by Marina