xisto Community
velma

Kids Hitting Puberty At A Younger Age. Girls hitting puberty as young as 10

Hey people,There is a rise in the age where girl are hitting puberty at 10 or even as young as 9. Doctors believe that It may be due to rise in stress and competition. One of my cousins has this disorder where she started having her periods at the age of 11 and she misses them for months..It has something to do with her family genes and the stress she goes through.Doctors also believe girls are gonna be prone top other kinds of diseases like osteoporosis (weaknening and thinning of the backbones).

Hey people,
There is a rise in the age where girl are hitting puberty at 10 or even as young as 9. Doctors believe that It may be due to rise in stress and competition. One of my cousins has this disorder where she started having her periods at the age of 11 and she misses them for months..It has something to do with her family genes and the stress she goes through.

Doctors also believe girls are gonna be prone top other kinds of diseases like osteoporosis (weaknening and thinning of the backbones).

Hate to admit it to you hun, but it's normal for girls to hit puberty and, it is also normal that your first few years of your period are irregular. Don't know who told you this, but man I know that they are no doctor! I mean I got my first period when I was in the fourth grade and we asked my obgyn about it and she said that it was perfectly fine.

I don't know about early puberty, but over the span of the next few decades we'll be seeing a lot of things like this. They are the first generation that are born into a world where the pollution level are so high and where there is electromagnetic radiation in the air constantly. This will definitely cause some problems in humans, perhaps they wont be obvious yet, but in 20-50 years who knows.

This isn't just your imagination, actually. It was proven a while ago that the amount of light the body is exposed to has a very slight influnece on this. There is a certain chemical in your body (can't remember what it was, it started with "m", I'll try to find it) that slows down physical (mental to a much lesser degree) development. The rate of production is inversely proportional to the amout of light the body is exposed to, so less is produced the more light you are exposed to. It's also supported by the fact that the average entrance aged dropped significantly after the electric lighbulb was intoduced in homes. Another possible cause is weight gain. Read the appropriate Wiki page for more details on that...

I actually read a report on early puberty being due to hormones in like milk and stuff.... It's supposed to make the cows produce more milk, but girls are starting to get bigger chests and periods sooner because of it....:unsure:

THis has been the trend for the past few decades. THe average age at puberty has been going down consistently. Social and environmental factors seem to play a major role in this trend. And gals tend to have irregural periods in the first few months after menarche.

Hello memaid,

Hate to admit it to you hun, but it's normal for girls to hit puberty and, it is also normal that your first few years of your period are irregular. Don't know who told you this, but man I know that they are no doctor! I mean I got my first period when I was in the fourth grade and we asked my obgyn about it and she said that it was perfectly fine.

I did not mention people with genetically affected puberty, I wrote about girls getting them due to the environment, food, medicine, Stress, lifestyle. I wrote about my cousin too who has periods once in 5 months due to her genetical background.

There have been cases where girls who have nobody in their family( Maternally and Paternally related women) having hit puberty at an early age but have daughters having periods due to many factors.

In the place I stay a 5 year old girl was hospitalised for a reason and due to the intense drugs and theraphy she got her periods when she was 6.

*peace*

Cheers :unsure:

When we had puberty lessons we were taught that girls would go through it before guys would. I can see your point though, the world is changing and evolving everyday and humans are effected by it. I wonder if guys are going through it faster too?

Off topic for the start: OpaQue, several of us looked Mermaid's post over up and down left and right and couldn't for the life of us figure out what was so offensive in it that would cause you to actually say what you said. Then ensued a heated discussion in the shoutbox regarding the pros and cons of the word "hun". I don't know if you're all that familiar with Americana and traditional slang here, but the term "hun" is actually short for "honey" but "honey" is generally considered too familiar to use in mixed company of strangers, "hun", on the other hand, is generally acceptable, if a little on the condescending side but in no way is it "racist" or "Politically Incorrect" or offensive in any culture I'm aware of. Are you now telling the forum that "hun" is off limits? Maybe you should post a thread and list all the words you don't want everyone to use so we're all on the same page. (BTW, Mermaid, it's usually spelled "hon". That spelling probably would've saved us all a lot of grief! :unsure: )

On topic: Dairy, specifically, American dairy is mostly to blame for the over-saturation of hormones, specifically female hormones, and the first symptom is pudgy early developing kids of both genders. There are other poisons in the environment, but if you want your kids to maintain some semblance of good health, the very first thing you should do is cut off all food not labeled "organic" and forbid them to eat junk food that contains high-fructose corn syrup and vegetable shortening. That's just for starters. Next, source your cheese from a "Raw" milk source, common in France and Switzerland, Raw milk is the only healthy way to make cheese and contains the enzymes that actually make it good for you. Otherwise you're just eating "dead food" and it'll do nothing good for you. Calcium isn't readily absorbed from milk contrary to what the dairy industry would have you believe and should be sourced from vegetables like broccoli and other greens. Don't believe what you see on TV or what your Doctor says regarding diet. Doctors aren't required to take any nutrition courses in college and often have the worst eating habits of all professions and the TV is just trying to sell you something.

Visit a "Health food" store. They're everywhere. Even Safeway has an organic line of food now including baby formula.

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

Hey,I am sorry if the topic is of hand. I di dnot meanto hurt anyone but if you google for hun then you get a sort of racial definition, My reason was if someone like me google it, I might get offended if I am not familiar with American culture.I am sorry if It caused any problems to you Mermaid I am sorry. Anyway Jumping back to topic.I can agree to what you say Watermonkey. My doctor was the same kind He would refuse to listen to anything that was not taught in his college, He once suggested a wrong diet and pills for my bestfriend who had a problem with her hormone levels and due to the bad diet and pills she had gotten the wrong hormones reaching her and tehmale hormone was being pumped into a more bigger overdrive resulting in her having facial hair and I mean Serious facial hair, She started looking like a guy more than a girl. I was freaked out because of the diet and pills affecting her so badlyNow she is alright but the food that she was consuming was having weird effects along with the pills. That was 5-6 years ago, Now that people are trying to boost crops and all You have thrice more the pesticides and chemicals in them making them quite harmful to the body. Added to that are all the fried and fast food joints.

Well girls don't always hit puberty at a very low age, but this can also be due to growth hormones, or those hormones used in livestock farming. Those hormones are proving a threat because of their genetic side affects. So a girl who is a vegetarian will probably go into puberty about 2-3 years before a girl that eats and drinks milk everyday and also takes growth hormones because of low height etc

if you google for hun then you get a sort of racial definition, My reason was if someone like me google it, I might get offended if I am not familiar with American culture.

It should be of concern that normal, everyday vernacular can somehow be interpreted as "offensive" in a forum environment where a decent grasp of the English language is required. A cursory Google search of the word, "hun" produces nothing remotely disturbing - let alone offensive. Those unfamiliar with American culture and/or the English tongue may wish to consult a dictionary or research questionable terms before reaching conclusions. While the author's reasons are duly noted, I respectfully disagree with a premise I feel follows a dangerous line of reasoning which can only lead to further censoring of normal, accepted terminology.

Dairy, specifically, American dairy is mostly to blame for the over-saturation of hormones, specifically female hormones, and the first symptom is pudgy early developing kids of both genders.

I would add that formentioned dairy cows injected with Bovine Growth Hormone are then slaughtered for human consumption, so your meat supply is also a source of unwanted hormones. Further, beef cattle in general are fed all manner of growth stimulants to provide larger product, as well as a variety of pharmaceutical cocktails to curtail the diseased environment in which these animals are forced to endure their tortured existence. It is of note these factory farmed animals benefit little in the way of humane practice, and are treated above and beyond as mere "product" to benefit the huge conglomerates who in turn benefit from forcing their toxic meat on the populace. I doubt that these inhumane and unhealthy practices are limited to the United States, especially given the corporate push toward Globalization and a New World Order. Bottom line, if you are reaching puberty, or have children coming of age, steer clear of factory farmed animal parts and dairy products.

This isn't just your imagination, actually.
It was proven a while ago that the amount of light the body is exposed to has a very slight influnece on this. There is a certain chemical in your body (can't remember what it was, it started with "m", I'll try to find it) that slows down physical (mental to a much lesser degree) development. The rate of production is inversely proportional to the amout of light the body is exposed to, so less is produced the more light you are exposed to.

It's also supported by the fact that the average entrance aged dropped significantly after the electric lighbulb was intoduced in homes.

Another possible cause is weight gain. Read the appropriate Wiki page for more details on that...

I belive the chemical you are thinking of is melalin. It is the pigment in your skin that produces vitamin D. Weight Gain is a cause because fat has be known to produce sex harmones.

yeah i also read an article pertaining to this awhile back...it suggested that the cause for such early puberty could be due to all the growth hormones fed in our foods nowdays..........including dairy, poultry, beef ect.

I read that early puberty could be caused by the fact that the average weight has dramatically increased. A girl won't hit puberty if her body doesn't think she can handle carrying a child; its first priority is itself. Hence, starving women can lose their periods, etc. If a girl is overweight, then clearly resources are available for her to support a fetus, so her body may be triggered into beginning puberty earlier than it otherwise would have.