xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shigajet

Earn Money By Writing Quality Articles

Just came across an online magazine where you have a chance to earn some money as a freelance writer. After you become a member, you can also send in an application - along with some writing samples - and state which topic(s) you feel you can write about and why. If you're accepted (or should I say hired), you start off as a contributing writer (entry level) and submit 10 articles over three months. However, if your writing is really good and is read by many people (and if you're a prolific writer) you can become a featured writer and earn more. Oh, and the articles are a great read, too!The website is called Suite101 (just Google it and it'll come out at the top of the list), so check it out for the details.Any thoughts?

That sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing! I'll look into it. Can the samples be excerpts of original stories?

Quite a good offer, as i write a lot of short stories for my community newspaper, hehe. I too will look into it and see how and what they may check to see if we qualify, thanks for sharing !cheersScan

I think a good site where you can make some extra cash is helium.com , you can write articles on anything and there are detbats everyday, you get paid about $0.01 for some pages views, I would say 10 or so, If you write good articles with good keywords then you can make a tons of money. Also try to write like 1000 articles around 400 wordseach on stuff and you can earn a good income of money, I would say about $2500 or so and even less and this can always go up and go down and you will write more articles over time and it will increase I know someone who makes about $1500 a month with 300 aticles... preety good

This is a nice idea and I guess it is the perfect stage for people who are interested in writing. I guess I will introduce my cousin to this site for she is really good at writing articles.Thanks for the contribution guys :D

This sounds pretty great. I like to write articles about things especially in science and technology. Maybe after a bit of practice I'll be able to apply and maybe make a bit of money off the sites. It's a good idea though, they get people looking for money and doesn't really have to advertise for writers because it travels by the word of mouth. Maybe after school starts and I can work out a regular schedule I'll be able to work my way in as a writer and maybe even worked up to a featured writer. :D

I use helium but ive not been very inspired to right recently so i dont have much of a cashflow going through i have like three articles that by the time theyre able to be paid out i would be like 40 :P. So unless your willing to dedicate articles to these sites theyre not really that good, but certainly if your good writers and have a proper flare for it you can even take freelance jobs from the helium marketplace and some of them look pretty nice. But i just have to hope i hit a writing streak soon or the sites just gonna site pretty dormant for me :D

This is a great idea. But you have to be able to provoke peoples thoughts. I am not sure how thr system works, but I figure you can do this two ways... push one subject and stick to one side... hoping many people will debate and the debaters (readers) will start a good article for you. Or you could cover both sides (but you would have to be able to write positively for both sides (or negatively) and hope people debate. So overall, like I said, you have to provoke peoples thoughts... and you most liekly wont be able to do this with simple articles or common topics like God, money, poverty, 9/11... ect - because they would have already been writen and a more popular topic. So inless you can introduce a new spin that might attract readers, you have to come up with original ideas and spins.

Associated Content also pays for articles; they pay as soon as they accept them. It only takes a day or two for them to make an offer, so it's all pretty quick, plus you can get paid for page views.

trap17 forum is also a place for people to share and contribute ideas in return for hosting credits and recognition. Those sites recommended will be more of monetary rewards. I am actually looking for freelance game writing, whether it is a preview ,review or comments on games of a similar reward system so any recommendations welcomed,thanks.