xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hotchick2121

I Got Stuck With Vice President? Grrrr!

ok, im in a club, and im secretary of this club. My previous year i was reporter. i am running for president next year. Here are my qualifications for the position:I take initiative to complete the tasks (our advisor) assigns to me.I stay after class, come in during my lunch and any other free time i have, in order to complete these duties andI pick up tasks assigned to others or tasks that are someone else's responsibility.I am ALWAYS in a positive, optimistic mood whenever i am with my officer team.I am a team player- i don't complain when i have to do something that is not my responsibility.I will stay on the computer for 10+ hours in order to finish brochures, flyers, powerpoints and other projects.I have the ability to cooperate with a group.I can take the initiative to keep the group on task and stay focused.I can use my time wisely to complete my responsibilities.I plan ahead and don't procrastinate (even though i work extremely well under pressue.)I know how to keep the group focused WITHOUT being too strict or pushy. (i am not a dictator.)I have gone above the normal standards for both members AND officer duties.Here are my opponents qualities:He doesn't show up to our meeting, and if he does show up, he is 10 mins late.He thinks he is cool.He hasn't done a single task all year, besides act cool.He can speak load, which makes him a better public speaker than me... :unsure:So, had us interview by the current president and vice president, and . which i thought i did really good. Then, comes to me today and says, I've made my desicion and is going to be president next year, you are gonna be vice president. I went through the interviews and has more than you (WTH does that mean!?!??)you have really good organization skills(add that to my qualification list) but i' m going with you can work with him (under him) as vice president then, run for president next year. (ha. good idea. no. im not going to be in your club my senior year, im pursuing jornalism.) are you okay with that?Me- (no) yeah, sure.him- greatWTH???? WTH WTH WTH. i hate this!!!! this is SO NOT FAIR!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE HE PICKED OVER ME! AFTER ALL THE TIME I HAVE PUT INTO HIS FREAKING CLUB, LAST YEAR AND THIS YEAR!!! I STAYED AFTER CLASS, ALL MY FREE TIME... FOR WHAT??? TO WORK UNDER A BOY WHO DOESN'T EVEN SHOW UP ON TIME!!! WHY?WHY, WHY WHY??? I HATE THIS!!! I WAS COUNTING ON PRESIDENCY!!! IT'S THE ONLY REASON I SIGNED UP FOR HIS AGRICULTURE CLASS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! I HAVE NO INTEREST IN HORTICULTURE OR AGRICULTURE OR ANYTHING LIKE IT!!! IM INTO WRITING!!! BUT, I GAVE THE CLUB A CHANCE, THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN, AND JOINED!! BUT NOW HE JUST STABS ME IN THE BACK AND USES ME AS A "GO TO" GIRL WHO WILL DO ANY DUTY GIVEN, BUT RECIEVE NO CREDIT.BESIDES, WHO GETS RECOGNIZED FOR THE SUCESS OF AN ORGINIZATION??? HUH? SURLEY NO ONE GOES "oh, look at how fun that club is, how sucessful! that Vice president sure rocks!" UH, NO. NOBODY RECOGNIZES THE VICE PRESIDENT, BECAUSE NO ONE GIVES A HOOT!!! NO ONE CARES WHO THE VICE PRESIDENT IS!!God!!! THIS IS SO NOT FAIR!!! HOW COULD HE DO THAT TO ME??? JUST BECAUSE NEXT YEAR IS HIS LAST YEAR AND I STILLL HAVE MY SENIOR YEAR TO BE PRESIDENT??? SO, JUST BECAUSE AN UNQUALIFIED PERSON IS HAVING HIS LAST YEAR, LET'S MAKE THE QUALIFIED ONE WAIT UNTIL HE HAS HIS FUN. i'M SORRY, BUT I DON'T BELIEVE THAT IS HOW THE WORLD WORKS!! HE'S NOT GOING TO GET A HIGH JOB POSITION, JUST BECAUSE HE'S LEAVING SOON!!! HE WOULD HAVE TO WORK FOR IT JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!!aND I HAVE BEEN AN OFFICER 2 YEARS, HIM? THIS IS HIS FIRST YEAR IN THE OFFICER TEAM!!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o :< :( :< ;) :< :P :< :( :< :D :< :( :<wow, i feel so much better (and the points i want to say to them, but can't, have been made...*sigh* if only i could tell this to them) wow, thanks for reading all this!

Edited by hotchick2121 (see edit history)

Well I know that sucks, but you know how guys are when it comes to leadership roles, most won't give women a chance. Although the eivl society will go force and bring the guy down Posted Image, but think about this though, it shouldn't be hard for this guy to mess up, so the best plan is keep track of his activities and place them against the club charter. If he has broken any rules and what not you as VP have the authority to bring to a vote to kick him out and make sure during that time you list his offenses and what not and the moron lynn should see how bad this guy is and have no choice but to replace him. But make sure if you do any work/projects and he does no work with it, don't give him any credit, I have a feeling it's sexism, but since I am not there and I don't know the whole situation I can't say it like that.

Best thing is to work through it and pay no attention to it, I know you don't want to hear that though, but thats all you can do. However, don't forget all the hard work you have done since being in this club, thats the most important thing, because positions of authority can be taken away just like that, so I would tough it out and do what you would normally do in this club.

well it sucks to hear that you didnt get what ypou wanted, after reading the stuff you do or your qualifications well it seemes as if you would be a good person for a position like thta.. but all you have to do is continue to show those leadership skills, and justkeep shinning thru..

I'm not sure, but I think from what I know you're:1) TOTALLY overreacting2) Probably discounting Robert's abilities to make yourself feel better.3) Not in this club for the right reasons1)Okay, it's not that big a deal, and, great, you vented out your anger, but it's probably misdirected...2)I have a hard time believing the current president and vice president as well as your advisor think you're less qualified than someone else unless you actually are. Maybe robert shows up late, but maybe that's because he has a job or he's actually interested in botany or agriculture or whatever, which brings me to point 3, and I might rant a bit here on my own...3)DON'T JOIN A CLUB IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY INTEREST IN THE TOPIC!!! I HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE people who do this kind of thing JUST SO THEY CAN PUT IT ON THEIR RESUME OR WHAT THE **** EVER.Now, sorry, but you shouldn't be in this club in the first place if you're not interested. I know people who do that and they're all lazy, hated by everyone, full of themselves, and whatever. Nobody likes them except MAYBE their little gaggle of friends. And did I mention they're full of themselves and think they're better than everyone else even though they aren't?Don't be that kind of person. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't and this Mr. Lynn is a moron, but, well, maybe he's right.

I'm not sure, but I think from what I know you're:1) TOTALLY overreacting
2) Probably discounting Robert's abilities to make yourself feel better.
3) Not in this club for the right reasons

1)
Okay, it's not that big a deal, and, great, you vented out your anger, but it's probably misdirected...
2)
I have a hard time believing the current president and vice president as well as your advisor think you're less qualified than someone else unless you actually are. Maybe robert shows up late, but maybe that's because he has a job or he's actually interested in botany or agriculture or whatever, which brings me to point 3, and I might rant a bit here on my own...
3)
DON'T JOIN A CLUB IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY INTEREST IN THE TOPIC!!! I HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE people who do this kind of thing JUST SO THEY CAN PUT IT ON THEIR RESUME OR WHAT THE **** EVER.
Now, sorry, but you shouldn't be in this club in the first place if you're not interested. I know people who do that and they're all lazy, hated by everyone, full of themselves, and whatever. Nobody likes them except MAYBE their little gaggle of friends. And did I mention they're full of themselves and think they're better than everyone else even though they aren't?
Don't be that kind of person. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't and this Mr. Lynn is a moron, but, well, maybe he's right.

WTH WTH WTH WTH.

What doyou mean by that. I knwo hotcick i i thn,k she would make a great leader. I knwo she wull. well you aree rught that mr lynn is a moron. All robert got is that he is cool. and has better speeching Cpabilities. Well if he is always late for club meetings i see no re4ason for im to be president. It's like being the leader of an ary and not showing up during a war. Don't you think that is a lil' stupid? and HC don't worry the evil society will take car of this.

and i am sorry for that comment SM said i made to you that wasn't nice. I don't know what i said but it wasn't me. It was my stupud. Brother. If you saw i said good bye. and then i left my Xisto profile logged in my bro saw your vent and then he made a comment that i don't know of. BTW what did i saw?

Sorry that my brother offended you Hc

I think that you would make a reat president. Wait till i gie lynn a piece of my mind. Since i am an evil spirit ill kill his spirit and Sm will suck his blood. and the evil monkey will annoy him ( LOL ) :unsure:

OK sorry about the offending thing

Cya later

DON'T JOIN A CLUB IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANY INTEREST IN THE TOPIC!!!

i DID HAVE AN INTREST WHEN I JOIN, I ACTUALLY LIKE IT A LITTLE, EVEN NOW...but, this just made me realize i don't need to be part of a sexist club...and to cangor, now that i have cooled off for a few days, i didn't overeact about robert's inability to lead...he really only has public speaking and ultra-suave powers...(why can't i have those??? note to Saint Micheal: next year, for my birthday i want ultra-suave powers and speaking abilities...;p)

Sorry to hear that you go passed over unfairly. Unfortunately with the world, there will be a lot of times when things like that will happen to you. And I'm, sure this isn't the first time it's happened to you either, so you probably already know that. I've certainly learned it myself time and time again, and I think that it must happen to everyone at some time or another. It doesn't make it right or fair, but hopefully one of the times it might happen to your benefit. On first read, I was wondering why you'd joined the club if you weren't interested in agriculture and that sort of thing, but now I realize that you meant that you don't like the club itself now since it's so unfair and that you really did think it was going to be fun so that's why you joined it. I can see where cangor would have confused that, cause I'm guilty as charged on my first read through as well.All I can say is hopefully, now that he's the president, he might actually show up on time and take his duties seriously... if not, I'm sure the other club members will notice that and even if they don't say anything to you, they'll probably realize that you are the real one that is holding the club together and making it run smoothly. It sucks not to get formal credit for what you do, but I do believe that there is someone out there that notices all the time and effort that you put into something. They may never say anything (which is a shame, because people should tell people more often these things), but I still do believe that they are out there noticing and respecting you for what you've done for them and the club.I don't know, call me naive, but I do believe that you are getting some credit for what you do (even if you never hear it). I really think that there is definitely someone (or a bunch of 'someone's) that notice who really should have gotten the position of the Presidency, and still see you in that role, regardless of the word 'Vice' that you've been labeled with.As for your birthday, I wish for you to receive all the great speaking abilities and ultra-suave powers that you can handle :) Get wishing on those candles girl! (And shooting stars too, if that might help you out as well).

Sorry to hear that you go passed over unfairly. Unfortunately with the world, there will be a lot of times when things like that will happen to you. And I'm, sure this isn't the first time it's happened to you either, so you probably already know that. I've certainly learned it myself time and time again, and I think that it must happen to everyone at some time or another.
It doesn't make it right or fair, but hopefully one of the times it might happen to your benefit. On first read, I was wondering why you'd joined the club if you weren't interested in agriculture and that sort of thing, but now I realize that you meant that you don't like the club itself now since it's so unfair and that you really did think it was going to be fun so that's why you joined it. I can see where cangor would have confused that, cause I'm guilty as charged on my first read through as well.

All I can say is hopefully, now that he's the president, he might actually show up on time and take his duties seriously... if not, I'm sure the other club members will notice that and even if they don't say anything to you, they'll probably realize that you are the real one that is holding the club together and making it run smoothly. It sucks not to get formal credit for what you do, but I do believe that there is someone out there that notices all the time and effort that you put into something. They may never say anything (which is a shame, because people should tell people more often these things), but I still do believe that they are out there noticing and respecting you for what you've done for them and the club.

I don't know, call me naive, but I do believe that you are getting some credit for what you do (even if you never hear it). I really think that there is definitely someone (or a bunch of 'someone's) that notice who really should have gotten the position of the Presidency, and still see you in that role, regardless of the word 'Vice' that you've been labeled with.

As for your birthday, I wish for you to receive all the great speaking abilities and ultra-suave powers that you can handle :) Get wishing on those candles girl! (And shooting stars too, if that might help you out as well).

Great stuff there on your first few paragraphs, cause its true in real life this crap will happen alot and more often than what we would like.. and im sorry the term in real life is retard.. why cause it is real life what happened to you.. but i mean in a corporate world in everyday life.. in school sports, work, even in the family.. crap like this happens alot.. whether you got it this time or not then you just have to keep doing what you like and move on.. this is not going to be the only opportunity for something like this.. besides there are better thing sout there to comepete for.. just wait till you get into politics if thats your thing.. so dont get shut down by these keep the head up and just keep doing waht it is you do best..

Ya'll are right, Thanks, gotta keep moving on... :)