xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
demonatashadow

Peter And The Star Catchers Describes how peter pan came to where he is today

Has anyone ever read Peter and the Star Catchers? Its a really good book and I suggest it to anyone who actually knows how to read. If you likes peter pan then I'm sure that you'll like this book. It basically tells you how peterpan came to neverland and learned how to fly and how he met up with captain hook. I really hope that it gets made into a movie that way I can watch it in motion pictures instead of having to read it every time I get an urge to read/watch the adventures of peter pan. Well if you've read it then lets talk about it (your favorite part, the worst part, etc.). if you have not read it, then ask a question and I'll try and answer it.

I read it awhile ago. There is a sequel to it called 'Peter and the Shadowthieves' which I'd only recommend if you've read the first one and enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of Peter Pan so I've read most of the books out there that have to do with him: 'Capt. Hook: The Adventures of a Notorious Youth' is excellent, 'Wendy' is okay, and another one of my favorites is 'Peter Pan in Scarlet'If you like these books you'd probably enjoy reading Inkheart and Inkspell by Cornelia Funke. It's going to be a trilogy and Inkheart the movie comes out I think early 2008...Long Live the Hook! =PAlso, I'd recommend 'The Kingdom Keepers' by Ridley Pearson (co-author of Peter and the Starcatchers) it takes place in a Disney Setting. It's not bad either but it's meant for younger readers keep in mind!

I've read it. Good book. I didn't know there was a sequal, maybe I'll read it. :) I tend to take to rather childish books like these.

Yeah I think I saw the sequal at Barnes and Nobles but I didn't bother to check it out because I haven't even read the first one yet, but I think I will go there today and buy it and read it. I am also a fan of peter pan (that rimes). I've read peter pan in scarlet and wendy's ok, but I don't think those were official books, because Peter and the star catchers was licenced by Disney which produced Peter Pan so that book was official, but the others might not be.Long live PAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I reccomend Peter and the star catchers to anyone who has a large imagination and likes to read and possibly laugh here and there, it was a really good book.Well time for me to go and by the sequal, Peter and the shadow thieves!!

None of them are really official except for Peter Pan in Scarlet because J.M. Barrie didn't leave it to Disney he left it to the Children's Hospital who gave permission for Peter Pan in Scarlet. But I understand what you're saying...

Well yeah I guess that is true but think about it, Berry left permission to the hospital so we can infer that the hospital got the movie produced by Disney and so several years later these two authors decide to write a book on Peter Pan (yes they have written several books before) so they do and they are recognized by Disney and in turn the Government in Florida recognizes them too and then they have this whole read off thing (Yeah I know cause I was a part of it, then again all the schools in Florida were, or was it just Orange County, can't remember but my school was in it and it was on T.V. and Jeb Bush was there too.) So basically, indirectly Peter and the Star Catchers is an official book.