xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bennett

Stale Cigarettes

I smoke Benson & hedges I buy them from a res in idaho. Anyhow sometimes the shop I buy them from is out and I have to a look for different shop .I usually get cartons of stale cigarettes. It pisses me off I have cartons of cigs that I have thrown away because they are stale. Anybody else experience this with there cigarettes? Or am I too finicky? I never heard of anyone else I know that knows the taste difference from fresh and stale cigs but also when there stale seems to be if you have a soft pack if you squeeze it and it feels like crackers crunching there stale. Too me stale cigs taste terrible.

When pre-rolled cigs go stale, just toss the unopened packs/cartons into the freezer. There's no need to throw them away just because they're stale. Leave the cigs in there for a few days or so. They'll be a little cold, but should also have more moisture than before.Sometimes my loose-leaf tobacco (I roll my own sometimes) goes stale on me because I don't zip up the bag all the way. When that happens, I just toss a small slice of apple, or a couple of chunks of carrot, into the bag. The tobacco absorbs the moisture and is as good as new.Just make sure that, if you try the latter, you don't let the fruit/veggies come into direct contact with pre-rolled cigs. That can mess up the paper and...well..yuck. :unsure:

unfortunately, Im not a smker,, so i have no advice on this, but, i know that the folks i know who smoke, well most of them have gotten into the roll your own smoke, and a few just carry a pipe now.. and some of the blends they have man they are sweet..

Oh, I have a quick solution, don't smoke and you will never have to deal with stale cigarettes again! But you will probably just get angry with me for saying that, despite it's truth. Anyway I can't say I have dealt with that, because when I used to smoke I smoked just plain cigarettes that were manufacturedly rolled and I bought them from places that didn't sell older or dry cigarettes. But maybe you should try a whole different brand? Maybe you can find a brand similar that doesn't go dry as fast.

Edited by JasperIk (see edit history)