xisto Community
hateheals

Negativity ... What does the term mean to you?

"always be positive","think positive","never be negetive" are words that you hear many times at many places and most people oblidge to it.But what does "positive" and "negetive" mean???why is positivity considered superior over negetivity???who decides the convention to be taken to determine positive and negetive???why is anger,hate,jealousy etc considered negetive.why are people who think differently about this shunned by society??why is satan considered the source of negetive energy??why is negetive energy always cleared out...your opinions and answers on this would be highly apprecoated..

negativity usually hurts. If you hate someone that person is then hurt, it's not real easy to understand the emotional aspect of this, but you know that if someone starts yelling at you or insults you, you don't feel good; however, if someone is positive about you then you feel better, such as if someone gives you a compliment on how you look or how your working. Negativity hurts people and positivity helps people, that's my view on things. Satan is the source of evil because he is trying to keep people from God by inciting sin in a person. He was jeoulous of God and turned away from him. Hope this helps.

I don't see problem here in positive and negative I would say that they are defined on the moral basis like positive is morally accepted thing and negative is morally unacceptable thing so you see it is simple as that at least I think so.

Of course other thing would be to discuss what is morally acceptable and unacceptable. Also I would like to add that there are really many different contents in which we use words like positive and negative. Like with AiDS it is of course better to be negative and not like in this video video at google

To be a balanced person you must embrace both the negativity and the positivity in yourself. Ever heard of Carl Jung and his theory of the shadow?

People value positivity over negativity because most people enjoy being around positive people more than negative people. As in looking at the bad sides of things as opposed to seeing the glass half full. Also, it is said that having positive thoughts empowers oneself. Kind of like, envision it and you can achieve it.

Satan is related to negativity because that's what those who concocted the theory of Satan believed him to be. I can't explain why other than that's just what Satan stands for. The apple.

But as hitmanblood says, the definition of positive and negative largely depends upon the context.

When someone feels down and probably looks for the worst in outcomes, although its just a bad day, or just something unfortunate may happen. But have to say that being positive is at least having a go, to some extent being confident (eg i'm going after x number of that at work today) which in some extent confidence leads to particular goals being met.

You've got to maintain your perspective. In order to be positive, you must understand its counterpart, "negative". The opposites are necessary for balance in the universe, but it's still your free-will choice to embrace one or the other. In the end we all, born in to original sin, have embraced them both, but what's really important is what you want to manifest in your life. If all you want is death, bloodshed, pain, slavery and the like, then you'll have to carry out the occasional good deed to make people think you're working toward a goal of peace and "light", while, in reality, you're actually just disarming the sheep so that you may slaughter them all when the time is right and their defenses are down. If, on the other hand, you desire nothing but good things, then you'll be wanting to seek the light and shun the darkness. What you want to manifest in your life is what you'll be spending your time dreaming about and focusing on. It's simple really: there are creatures of the dark that feed on other creatures of the dark and hate and fear the "light beings". And, as a person of light, you'll be wary of straying too far from the path in the woods when it's dark and always carry two flashlights with you to see the way because just one wrong step and you could be taken.