xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerman_1973

Playstation 3 Worries

You know, I was worrying about purchasing a Playstation 3. I was hooked on the free online service and an Blue-Ray DVD player installed to it, and the game trailers leading up to the console's release are amazing. And the graphics engine is second to none. I had high hopes for the console as the release date nears... And then when it was released in Fall 2006, there was problems.It's price tag is a whopping $600 dollars, the launch date festivities were scary (someone got shot when waiting in line for a PS3) and so far the games did not live up to the hype. Genji Days of the Blade is a mediocre title according to G4's X-Play, Madden NFL is like the same game as it's XBox 360, more mediocre titles like Motorstorm raises my doubts more, and Mobile Suit Gundam Crossfire... UGH! I saw the game review and it's horrible. The light in the dark alley happens to be Resistance: Fall of Man from the creators of Ratchet and Clank.I hope my faith in buying the Playstation 3 lies in the hands of a soldier named Solid Snake and a warrior named Lightning. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and Final Fantasy XIII respectively, will soon hit stores and by then I would some enough money to by the PS3 for them to arrive.I could hope that Sony can get out of this sticky wicket before things get worse and find some way to find high-quality games for the PS3 or else it will be turned into a lousy $600 paperweight.Good luck, Sony. You'll need it.

Well good news for though, sony plans to cut the 20 GB hard drive and add more to the 60GB hard drive, Last I hard they plan to increase the capacity to the hard drive, in which they didn't say how much but htey plan to. Well of course do to the lack of sales of PS3 and of course good games it will be some time before sony will get back on their feet. OF course in the news the father of the playstation basically got fired because of the lack of profit and hte father of final fantasy just straight out said that PS3 is to hard to design on.Of course whats funny is that people have installed windows and linux on the PS3 and mostly use it for photos and music and junk because of the lack of games, but hopefully this fall and winter Sony should be making some money with load of games that are coming out.

My Mum and Dad ordered me a PS3 on release day in the UK (for my birthday in August) as a present for my 16th birthday and the end of my exams. I really can't wait to get my hands on the PS3. I was tempted on getting a Wii, but I've always been with Sony, having bought a Playstation and Playstation 2, so I trust them to come out with another gem.The things that do it for me are the familiarity with the controllers, and the titles. The PS2 was more successful than the Xbox in my opinion because of the huge number of titles that came with it. Also, the controllers are easy to use and, having used them for 10 years, become second nature when pressing certain buttons.People say about how it's not worth spending so much money on a PS3 when you can buy an Xbox 360 for a lot cheaper. But if you think about it, I think it's a sound investment. You get everything the Xbox 360 has, plus extra power. You can almost guarantee the same amount of games if not more. It had HD compatibility (not sure about the 360) and comes with a Blu-Ray DVD player. Now eventually everyone is going to have to buy one of these, so why not do it now? Also, you get free access to the online Playstation network, compared to the expensive Xbox Live. Not only that, but you can integrate the PS3 with your PSP (if you own one). You also get a massive hard drive.I can't remember the URL but I remember reading an article comparing the PS3 and 360 in terms of price. If you buy the Xbox 360 + the add-ons that would make it level with the PS3, the prices pretty much even out. Bearing in mind PS3 has a bigger hard drive, probably more games, HD support, free online play and next-gen DVD player that you WILL need in several years time.This, for me, makes me choose the Playstation 3 over the Xbox 360.

Yea i have my worries on the ps3 all the hype that it had was gone i am still going to get a ps3 cause i am a sony fan and the idea of playing online game for free sounds good to me. Sony is just starting out slow just like the 360 in a year times the ps3 will be back on its feet and it will be the console for everyone to get. Sony needs to talk to people who make those popular computer games cause they usually make high quality games were need a 3k computer just to play one of there games.

Yeah the Playstation will definitely take off when big games come out. There's bin a small-scale launch list so when GTA IV and Gran Turismo, etc come out it will definitely become much more popular.

GreetinsI just love the playstationbut there will not be a lot of playstation 3 games for nownot all the game develloper can affort to make games for the plasyation 3it is just to ecspencive :Dbut i'm looking forward to buy it :unsure::(

Edited by Blessed (see edit history)

Yeah, I'm kind of worried about the whole Sony situation too, although for different reasons. I've been waiting forever to get my hands on a Cell processor and I really hope they continue working on the model. Plus, it's really banking on a wave of new technologies. The rise and fall of the PS3's practically connected to that of the Blu-Ray. But I think it'll pull through because...Final Fantasy p3wns all. :unsure: At least sales-wise.That and the price of the Blu-Ray component's coming down thanks to mass production improvements. It's been predicted at a 100 USD fall methinks. So we could see a $500 PS3 sometime soon.

If you are worried about the price tag dont be. The fact that the cheapest Blue-Ray stand alone DVD player is around $800 - $1000 US means you actually are getting a really good deal. Not only do u get a player for that format but you also get an amazing gaming system. Since the release, lots of really good titles have come out and the system is a ton of fun to play.

I like the PS3. It's a lot of fun and the best thing about it is that its being rapidly updated and is getting better. If you are patient you'll eventually get the best system out their. If your not you'll probably get bored and trade it in or something. So if you get it be patient or you'll regret in a couple of weeks. Really good games take a while to make, especially with the full PS3 capabilities so you have nothing to worry about when it comes to gaming. Except that the other gaming companies get frustrated with the PS3 and not being able to use it properly and decide to stop making games for it. Its happened once.

Edited by shadowlusterx (see edit history)

I've always been a playstation fan, and plan to get a ps3, metal gear solid 4:guns of the patriots will be the game for me, always been a follower of the MGS games. The blu-ray games will be awesome when they can fill the amount of space on them lets not forget though that with a ps3 you also get a blu-ray player which are well expensive on their own, so i'd say ps3 is winner and will hopefully be really cool when big games such as MGS4 come out on it