xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zlash

Nvdia: Shader 3.0. Ati: ? Shader 3.0 is Nvidia only? What does ATI have?

I have a ATI Radeon X600 Series Graphic Card. The Shader 3.0 is Nvidia only right? What kind of similar thing does ATI have? Or am I mistaken?

you are wrong .. ATi cards above (and including x1600) have SM 3.0 too . Plus a lot better TV-Out in my opinion, and of course adaptive anti-aliasing and catalyst AI (look that up, handy feature.).

Really ATi vs NVidia is purely down to preference nowadays .. Paying the same price you get more or les the same features and speed off both, whereas in rhe past it was an unwritten rule that NVidia were slightly faster than ATi (as in a couple FPS extra in games) and ATi was a little bit better visually, but again, now-a-days its more-or-less obsolete as they both use te same or similar features .. Pure preference now for the same level of cards, and don't let anyione tell you different. I recently did a review on this exact subject and benchmarked 3 different cards from both companies in 5 different games and 2 major benchmarking programs (3d mark & aquamark). :>

Hope that info. Is useful to you.  :>

moonlord