xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cricketforum

Optimus Lcd Keyboard

Neat find. Basically what it does is instead of the letter A being on the A key it will display a function relevant to the program you're currently running. For example, with Photoshop open it will display the zoom icon on the Z key. Personally, I wouldn't spend $200 for this because I usually never look at the keyboard when I am doing things - I have shortcuts and stuff memorized. It seems kind of useless. When I first heard LCD keyboard, I thought of the iPhone... But it's not like that, it is basically your regular keyboard except with LCD's at the top of the buttons. :unsure:

Edited by Smack (see edit history)

Neat technology, but I'll stick with my plain ol' ErgoBoard Pro. Gotta love the thing - thirty-five bucks and I get a quiet, ergonomic board with two USB ports. Those ports are vital to we laptop users *grins*Besides: I wear out keyboards pretty fast. (Work a lot, type fast, et cetera.) I don't think that the investment would be cost-effective. Unless of course the thing is super-tough :unsure:

The only reason I could see in getting that keyboard is to show off, or to create your custom buttons with regular letters but have all the letters switch around to mess with your friends. :unsure:. I see no need for a keyboard to have a screen on each of your keys, too power heavy if you ask me.

This isn't going to be so good for the usual home user, do you people know about those um... um... those hologrphic keyboards? they are the best keyboards I've ever seen. So if you're a tech-y guy and loves LCDs then this is the keyboard for you

I wouldn't spend so much on a keyboard though it would be cool to have one. But I want a bluetooth one more :unsure:And I think it would me useful for gamers because last time I saw it's description it said it would show weapons and stuff on it so yea :(

I saw some sort of Infomercial on TV late one night a few weeks ago while I was trying to fall asleep and it caught my eye. It was a whole line of products that were 'Lit' by LEDs and such. They said something to the effect that the original technology was developed by the military to help inside cockpits of aircraft and tanks ect. All of the keys on the keyboard that they were displaying were lit up a nice brilliant blue. It was really nice and I'd love to go get me one or two when they come out onto the shelves at the store. Probably won't be for a while because they were only advertising it on television with the hopes that you would order it for their ridiculous price before they ship it to stores I suppose.

This seems like nice Idea it depends however how would typewriting work on it and other things as we are more or less used to this shell I say push the button keyboard and not like touch screen as I imagine it will work in the similar way as the touch screen works also it would be kinda cool that you put some pictures of this topic as I have checked interenet and I failed to find any maybe because of my search query but as you find this interesting news you probably saw some of the pictures related to that.

Well after looking at a few pictures and seeing how this could be the best customized keyboard that I have I ever seen, I would mind having one, but not at $1500 dollar price tag they offering. However as a web/graphics designer it would make shortcut about 100x time easier to set up. But after reading some blogs and what about this, some say this is just for shock value and once they get passed all those snags and what not (8 days) then they expect the price to drop. But what about the programming that was needed to do thig though must have be horrendous to get going and tweak, especially setting up all the images for the keyboard to recognize and what not.