xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

Life Sucks.

I mean seriously. Nothing but being oppressed by "the man" when your young, and as you get older it just gets worse. Our society has just been brainwashed. What's college for anyway? Our society has been brainwashed into thinking that the only way to successfully live is by going to college. You see it all the times in movies, tv, news everywhere. And not to mention our parents and teachers ingrain all that stuff in our minds since we were born. Then after we waist 4 (and nowadays its more like 5 or 6) years of our lives and then what? You get a job? Have kids of your own and brainwash them the same ideas that you were taught. Like, what the hell is the point? I guess it is to learn skills for your profession, and I know that jobs like maybe doctor or really advanced ones defiantly need it, I'm not arguing for that, it's just It seems like those 5 years could be better spent getting a job and having the work experience and by the time your friends have finished collage you can already be a manager of a branch of a company. I don't know its just weird what the hell is this whole thing for anyway? Why live if we are just going to die anyway?

Whoa, you dumped a load. Hope you feel better. It isn't really life that sucks, it is some of the influences on us and choices we make. Education is a necessary commodity to function in society. I do agree that college is not a absolute necessity for "everybody". Some kind of trade school would probably do just as well for some people. I wouldn't look at what you have been taught by parents as brainwashing tho. They can only pass on what they have learned in the best manner within their abilities. You sound like an intelligent person, who has the ability to question things and find your own answers. The purpose of living is the ultimate mystery. However, you are alive, make the best of it and enjoy it while you can. People who are afraid of dying are really afraid of living. Breath the air everyday, be thankful you are here to do so, and I'll bet some day you will find your purpose. ;)

Meh, i didn't really mean what i said, i was just pissed off that day. Thanks for your input though.

Whew, I am so glad you have thought better. I was concerned the day you wrote that, because it did sound a little suicidal from my end. Peace be with you! :unsure:

College is optional, you don't have to go. If you feel you can do well without it, then by all means don't go to college. However it is a good way to learn all the things you need to in order to be successful at a profession. And in college you are able to gain more experience than just work experience!The point of life is to live. We were given something great, why not enjoy it?

Plenty of people do just fine without college. But plenty of people don't. It all depends on quite a few factors, really. More than I could probably list.Do whatever you believe is best for your own life. You get to choose - and live with the results, good or bad. That's the beauty of being free.

You may think going to college is not worth it, but I believe it is. My mother set a standard when I got engaged. She said I could not marry the guy unless he went to college, so he did. Later on, he moved in and got a job of something not in his field. There was no way to get a job in what he studied unless he moved far away. With no car, it was impossible. Days ago, he found out that he's being promoted to manager. He's only been at his job for a few months. He was told it happened because of two reasons - hard work and a college degree.

man i disagree, with the fact that the man can hold you down, to me thats just a plain excuse.. cause you let the man get you down. Also as far as college education, man thats total bull, Find me 10 college grads in just any various position and I bet that atleast 5/5 have a good paying job in their filed of study. I hav meet and know many people stuck like this and I mean good possible careers in business, and s on and they cant get crap.Now dont get me wrong, i thinke ducation is great and you should learn a skill a trade, and get an education, but do it in something you like or love, cause there are things that experience only and no school education cant get you.. sometimes you do need school, but thie fact is no you dont need to go to shchool... as a matter of fact just last month i met a Bankowner who im going to be doing work for, who's highest education was 2 yers of basics in a small jr.co. He then just decided to not continue.. he had to work tho, and as a single guy from a small town field worker, saved as much as he could money that is. He then had enough and bought him self a small green house to grow his own tomatoes, he tended to it all, and eventually he started selling his produce at a cheaper rate to the small towns near him and to the point that he made enough money that the company he was originally working for ought it from him for a few Ten thousand, well you figurred that was it but then the local bank was going under so he investd 90 percent of what he had, to help them , and being that it was small locally owned bank from a small town the owner made him like part of the board and he had no clue but the banker brought him on taught him the basics, he even began as a bank teller untill he moved on to own the bank, with it all being saifd and done he trippled his investement in the company bout out the banks and began a small chain of banks, now he actually owns 5 banks, and a couple of produce greenereys and he is one of th elargest suppliers for the Central Market Chains in the south...