xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
demonatashadow

Altimit

I have bad news. The team of Altimit Corporation were having a meeting and some things just slipped out. One of the members decided that maybe he should not be here and so he left. Then there was the two and they started argueing, one acused the other of not doing any work (though thats not true, that person probably did most of the work) so then the accuser left the meeting. Then the Accuser (lets call him Joe) decided to delete delete all the work they did on the Operating System. He was going to delete the forums but the one that was acused (lets call him bob) restricted his permissions on the forums, so Joe goes and deletes the file on the control panel. Now the project is ruined and the site is dead, Altimit Operating System is no more, but on the up side Bob is making an RPG game and his own Operating System so stay tuned!!!!!

Edited by demonatashadow (see edit history)

I've never heard of it before but the pictures in the gallery looks neat. The browser is nifty. I don't see this "OS" being huge or even popular, but it'll probably have a cult base. I'll bookmark it, maybe I'll come around to it again one day when the first version or demo is released.

The website doesn't have much information about the OS, except for in the forums, and that itself is hard to find. They definately need an about page, it took me near 10 minutes just to find out what it looked like. And I still don't know what makes this OS special. Sure, they say it will be secure. But then I read the user won't be able to install any programs? I guess thats what they mean when they say 'secure.' But that would suck, so there won't be any third party programs? Just the ones Altimitos makes? That sucks and turns me away from it.

It is cool looking though. ;)

I think that it will one day be a huge thing because a lot of people know about it and they have their info. on wikipedia. They also have Altimit for mobile phones. It looks really good, but if you want info. just look under anouncements, there are latest updates. Or PM the admins, they have the latest info. on the project. And after Altimit they are going to make a new one (twice as good) called Altimit Mine, I personally can't wait for it to come out. And have you seen the browser for it?? Kills mine thats for sure. I strongly advise at least keeping up to date with their develoment. They even are considering renting a place for their company.

Hmm doesn't look like it's enough to challenge the big players, at least not yet. Also, it's very hard to get even basic information about their project, the site really needs to get better.

Well it can't really compete with the "big players" yet because it hasn't been released yet. Remember I said it's in production. And I will inform them to make their site a bit more informative. Have you seen the pics of their development?? They have pictures of the GUI being worked on right now. I think it will be a big thing. Once it's developed at least 300 people are planning on downloading it. It will eventually spread as it's members tell other poeple. No comapany (Microsoft, Apple, etc.) or OS (Mac, Windows, etc.) started out big as soon as it came out. No they grew and I have confidence this one will also grow.

I would like to point out that 300 users is not enough to make them enter big players. Maybe 300 thousands would help :unsure:Today it is really hard to be competitive with the operating system which has been started from the scratch.

While it is true they have three hundred members it does not mean that the quality of the OS is not good. You may refer to this as "judging a book by its cover". The reason why not many poeple are there is because,1.Not many people know about Altimit OS.2.Some people will most likely download the Operating system however they do not see the need to make a n acount because to downoad the OS does not require and acount, therefor you can go ahead and possible triple the number of members they have now.3.It has not been made public either, the way people even know about it is because the admin of the project told a handful of people, then those people spread the word and so did those people and so on and so on.Also you cannot judge the quality of an OS or anything for the matter by how many "members" the site has. I believe its determind by action, proving that the Operating System itself is great. An OS can be really good and possibly only have one member(S). I suggest you actually get some valid information and also take a look at in production screenshots and then come back and say that it wont compete with other OS's.