xisto Community
keri-j

My Thoughts On Why Internet Explorer Is So Popular.

Lucky for you guys and you can remove it completely, I can manage to disable it on my Windows 7. It is still there and I can't use it but the sad truth it was still there. I still need to patch it up so problems won't happen while I am online. On normal view it is complete gone. I am using ultimate version of windows 7 or was the 'Free Student COPY' thing that prevents me to remove it. I never bother calling Microsoft about it since they will surely not provide support for a free product.

Which serial is it (left click my computer..properties)?
Be aware that the control-panel/programs and settings/windows-components option only deletes the exe file and leaves pretty much everything else. The best bet would be to go into windows components and check or uncheck IE (and if needed repeat to reinstal) then you have a clean installation and can decide what next...

It is a clean install, the only logical thing I can think of was since it is free for Students, they might have disabled removing IE. The DVD also comes preactivated and have a tag "NOT FOR SALE". Local Microsoft corporate office only says that they came 'as is' and support is available via phone and it was limited since it's a free product. I also have KB971033 installed and running and the only patched that I don't have is KB982670 which is .NET 4 client profile. I don't know what it is so I never installed it.I can call Microsoft anytime I wan't but since it is working and the only problem that I get is removing IE completely, I did not bother them. I only call then every time I reformat the other hard drive which host my Windows XP SP1. This is due to the reason that I have replaced my motherboard 2 years ago causing automated activation to fail (hardware checksum error for serial).************I am using Windows Components Add/Remove since it is a windows component, for the rest I use 'YOUR Uninstaller 2010' except for those things that needs a reboot after removal or things that uninstall themselves on an odd manner. This still retain traces of IE 8 and mostly only removes the patches applied and turn IE8 disabled. Checking made1. checks on the system registry2. checks on the actual file locations3. checks on threads running on boot - IE still loads then unloads.4. critical system patches still gives me IE8 patches - :DThere is however an option to Uninstall IE which requires me to remove all patches that was applied on Windows 7. I don't want that way of removing IE since it will be another 5GB download to update my .NET framework, Office system and the SQL Server 2008 developer edition from MSDN.