xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SamiFX

My Computer System Is Slow is it a Virus?

I thought a virus was slowing my PC.Then I realized it was my security software.

It's an AVG slogan I saw it PCToday Magazine :-D ...It's true thats was a problem with me from buying the computer in year 2000
I found that most of antiviruses are heavy to computer's memory so it slows your system and makes your use very hard ;)

Well in the last few years Norton has become a big resource hog, but depending on how much ram you have usually 1 gig it will run smoothly like some Anti-virus software. Although I dn't use AVG, from what I been hearing from those who do use it, its not really a resource hog. But since your computer is going on 7 years it could be a possibility that it might be in your case.

If you're using Norton AV then that's your problem. Try using a AV program that uses less system resources like NOD32 or aVast or AVG, just try to compensate for your system's specs, like running Supreme Commander on a 1999 System with 84MBs of RAM certainly won't work

I would suggest NOD32, because it really takes very lil' RAM and works fantasticly as long as you use something to check for spyware. I use it for a few years now and I am really happy, never had any problems with it - really a great program so at least try it out ;)Best whishes

I would suggest NOD32, because it really takes very lil' RAM and works fantasticly as long as you use something to check for spyware. I use it for a few years now and I am really happy, never had any problems with it - really a great program so at least try it out ;)
Best whishes

Yeah man . well said. NOD 32 rocks. It is lightweight and is extremely effective. Ease of use for an average user is excellent though a novice may find it a bit tough. But even then it wont be a trouble once installed as it hardly ever troubles u. It quietly does its job in the background without bothering you.

I would suggest using Avast as it is in my humble oppionion really the most optimized software product on the marketand it is increasing almost always they have like regular updates of database and software. And it can scan your computer before all the windows is loaded enabling to scan for viruses before viruses have been started.AND THE BEST THING OF ALL IT IS FREE OF CHARGE. Just download it and use it nothing more. And also I would like to point out that is has great control of virus entering your system it blocks them so you don't have to scan your computer each week for viruses. And one more thing it prevents any extortions you might meet over the internet. or surfing it. As I wanted to worn you I have installed one on your system if you have read this. ;) ;) :)

one thing i would like to add, is, you could use avg, but dont run it while your working on the computer, if it automaticly starts up on the computer's start up, then you can disable it from doing that by doing the following: go to your start menu, then find run..., click on it, then type in "msconfig" without the quotes, click on the general tab, then select, "selective startup", then click on the "startup" tab, and when you go in there, it should have a list of programs checked, find the avg application within the list, and uncheck it, press "apply" then "ok" it will make you restart your computer...and your all set...

go to Start menu - execute - msnconfig - and in Startup changed your programs.
The computer its much very fast.

This might not make his or hers computer run faster they will only load faster and not run faster there is huge difference.

The best thing is either to check your computer from viruses or that you format your hard drive and install new system maybe linux :unsure: