xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DurhamACF

Google Maps

i found out the other day, just having a play around with it, that if you type in as your starting location any where in america, and your finishing location somewhere in europe it tells you to swim accross the atlantic, im sure that isnt even possible ;) i found it quite funny so i thought i'd share.

It actually does ;) On the route from San Diego, CA to Dungeness, Kent step 32 is simply:

Swim across the Atlantic Ocean 3,462 mi

For the trip from northern France to Dungeness it at least tells you to get a ferry! Its good to see the developers either have a sense of humour, or a great hope that we can swim the Atlantic. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you exactly where to swim to, the next steps involve a roundabout!

Slight right at E05 0.5 mi
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto E05/Pont Vauban 0.1 mi

"Swim across the Atlantic Ocean." That's a good one! Perhaps if they also gave several travel options in the directions it would probably tell you how long it would take for each. I wonder how long the swimming option would take? :unsure: