xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mojoman

The United States Gun Laws

Not true, the guy had a receipt in his backpack.

THe columbine students who did the massacred bought their guns from the internet lol ;)

and some US gun companies sell "fingerprint proof" guns to the public...i mean wtf lol, who's going to be interested in a fingerprint proof gun apart from a criminal?

The Virginia Tech shooter was bent on killing people. Had he not been able to legally purchase handguns, he would have found a friend to buy them for him. Or he would have purchased a stolen firearm off the street. Or he would have made a bomb. Or he would have stolen guns. Basically: the whack job would have found a way to do what he wanted. Gun control would not have made a difference except in what route he chose to take in furthering his twisted plan.As for gun bans making countries and areas safer: um...no. Violent crime is on a steady increase in areas like Washington, D.C. and Chicago, Illinois - both areas with strict gun control. They even have quite a bit of crime committed with handguns in these areas. Funny how banning the weapons had the opposite effect than what was intended.Criminals do not need to have the easiest access to firearms. Pure and simple. Strict gun control gives the bad guys the advantage because they are perfectly willing to do all sorts of illegal, reprehensible things to obtain guns - whereas the law-abiding citizens are not. Thus leaving us with a tough time of trying to defend and protect ourselves.

Making guns 100% illegal to use for any civilian is a good thing, because then it discourages criminals. Stronger border control will make smuggling drugs and weapons much harder and much more expensive, giving criminals a harder time getting the money and weapons. Law enforcement which is very strongshould discourage even civilians into using firearms, like the execution is a good way of discouragement, but stoning is better.If people all had M249s in their bags more people would die, because there would be bigger shoot-outs instead of the negotiation.

Negotiations should be damned, they only make the gunman madder, so they police should call the swat team and snipe the gun out of the gunman's hnd or do a headshot. Discouragement is very effective and should b considered. Rather than encouragement

No you are totally wrong man haven't you learned anything from the past from all those massacres in the schools by people who took guns in their hands.

Making guns legal is bad thing it want stop crime as they one way or the other obtain weapons on black market so in fact it does not affects them.

However you've got point on discouragement of fire arms usage. Also I wouldn't really agree with you on negotiations as it doesn't mean that someone will become mad. And in fact if police starts shooting such guys all the time then some guy might kill all the hostages on the first sight of the police or swat team. If he has any pretensions to kill a person.

Anyone who really wants a gun can still get one even if there were laws against owning guns. To people that would massacre like the Colombine students, law would be just an empty threat - it wouldn't matter to them. They'd just get it from some underground weapons shop. Even if they were to move within the law and not buy a gun, nothing is stopping them from killing people with a Molotov cocktail.Guns do not kill people - it is the finger that pulls the trigger. As such, we should analyze the finger before giving it a gun for use. That's the only way that anyone is going to get anywhere practically with a gun law.

Anyone who really wants a gun can still get one even if there were laws against owning guns. To people that would massacre like the Colombine students, law would be just an empty threat - it wouldn't matter to them. They'd just get it from some underground weapons shop. Even if they were to move within the law and not buy a gun, nothing is stopping them from killing people with a Molotov cocktail.
Guns do not kill people - it is the finger that pulls the trigger. As such, we should analyze the finger before giving it a gun for use. That's the only way that anyone is going to get anywhere practically with a gun law.

Yeah I agree with you here and this is mostly my point of view also.

I would like to say that here is better to apply preventive measurements. Because it is better to prevent then to solve or cure. And when someone gets killed there is no solution. Problem here is that American market is so stucked up with legal and illegal weapons and weaponry that it is hardly to make it clean. But such things like on line gun selling or so many stores for guns should be closed. Because person should fill many tests before allowed actually to carry gun around. His emotional pyshcological state of mind then his interactions violence attitudes and so on. And after few months he should ahve been allowed to carry gun.

1 August 1966 - Sniper Charles Whitman kills 14 people and injures dozens at University of Texas20 April 1999 - Two teenagers at Columbine High School, Colorado, kill 13 before killing themselves
21 March 2005 - A teenager on an Indian reservation in Red Lake, Minnesota, kills nine

16 April 2007 (yesterday) - Student kills 32, injures 29 more, and finally kills himself in Virginia Tech University, worst shooting spree yet.

You forgot one important date:

April 18, 1775: At 10pm on a Tuesday night, Dr. Joseph Warren sends Paul Revere and William Dawes, Jr. to Lexington to warn Samuel Adams and John Hancock that the British are planning to march there to seize military supplies.

Source here (Especially referring to the weapons the colonists owned for defense.) Thus began the Revolutionary War. So, you'll just have to understand that many of us still know the history of this once-great country and we understand that when "they" come for our guns, it can only mean "they" intend to enslave us. Not paranoia, simple history. Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

I completely agree with you and I would say that it only can mean that. It is just the thing what are Americans doing in my home country they were ttaking our weapons and they almost enslaved us. And I wouldn't agree that USA is so great but that would be point of some other discussion.

Indeed, the restriction's on Guns here in the uk are alot more strict, But the same goes for anywhere. If you know the right people and have the right money you can buy anything you want. I mean every country has an underground black market. People make millions from illegal buying and selling of firearms. It has happened since people wanted newer and more lethal way's to harm each other. Another contributing fact to the problem with gun crime is that here in the UK you cant go on the internet and buy a gun, i believe, im not totally sure. But you go on a US site and you seem to be able to mail order one. Yes i know you have that constitution which allows you to buhave gun's but people the age of 18 are getting killed 'Reguarly' and still nothing seems to happen.I must agree with you on the Youth Culture not being exactly helpful on the matter. But then again neither are the Rapper's and the people singing about shooting each other.In my opinion i feel you should be able to carry a gun but not to the extent that all you need to purchase a gun is a peice of paper that says your over 21.

Indeed, the restriction's on Guns here in the uk are alot more strict, But the same goes for anywhere.
If you know the right people and have the right money you can buy anything you want. I mean every country has an underground black market. People make millions from illegal buying and selling of firearms. It has happened since people wanted newer and more lethal way's to harm each other.

Another contributing fact to the problem with gun crime is that here in the UK you cant go on the internet and buy a gun, i believe, im not totally sure. But you go on a US site and you seem to be able to mail order one. Yes i know you have that constitution which allows you to buhave gun's but people the age of 18 are getting killed 'Reguarly' and still nothing seems to happen.

I must agree with you on the Youth Culture not being exactly helpful on the matter. But then again neither are the Rapper's and the people singing about shooting each other.

In my opinion i feel you should be able to carry a gun but not to the extent that all you need to purchase a gun is a peice of paper that says your over 21.

I see your point here and I agree with it. However I also think that you cannot buy gun from some american site and then get it recieved in the UK becaus of the custom oficials as United Kingdom and United States is not under the same custom union like european union.

Also I would like to say that todays populat cluture like is not making any progress. And it is just making bad things worst. Also I don't agree that everyone should carry guns it is just noncense as I would say if you want to defend yourself then carry electrical gun or something similar but not real gun come on who carries real gun around for protection.