xisto Community
Laurie

Transfer Items Over Distances

This morning jlhaslip requested me to share my cinnamon roll with him. I am in Washington, USA and he is somewhere else. How can I get this roll to him? I have often wanted to share with those I am online with but havent figured out a way to transfer it over the phone lines (I had dial-up at the time I started thinking about it). It got me looking for examples of where this transference has been used.

Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

Star Trek

Cartoons

What other examples can you think of? Have you got any ideas yourself? What uses can you think of for this technology?

Well I don't know any examples of that but I've heard of scientists talking about sending items through wormholes. With a black hole at one end and a white hole at the other. It's a funny idea. It was on the whole idea that black holes exist on Earth just that they are so minute we cannot detect them.Of course, a way to get your cinammon roll to him? Good 'ol snail mail! ;)

Harry Potter's "Floo powder" would work. Do you have a fireplace and are you a Witch? I think it only works in books, though.

Well all I would do is just send a email with a picture of the item and say enjoy the cinnamon roll in big bright letters ;). But yeah Willy Wonka would be idea in order to transfer a item digitally.

mmmm... if u can do the art of telekenisie so it isn't a matter ( the other should know it) . if u don't so u have to wait until scientifics made a machine for transfering things by light speed ... maybe the machine can distructe the thing into a some fotons to make them walk in wires then in the other side the machine reseptor will re-construct it to it's isential form <.<"( there will be no taxes )... i hope it can be real in the soon future ;)

We have had Pony Express, snail mail, telegraph, telephone, fax machines, radio, computer, wireless and other methods of transporting ideas. We have also developed ways of moving items from one place to another. Suppose we could combine the two and transport items without having to physically move them. jThis could be similar to the transporter beams used in Star Trek or the machine developed by Willy Wonka at the Chocolate factory. This would allow me to send my cinnamon roll to jlhaslip, or mail the cup of coffee to the person on the shoutbox who asked for it. I know there are people who have been working on this technology. I wonder how close they are to coming up with a solution. The first steps would be to define what we want, then design it. When I brainstorm about this idea I come up with lots of suggestions. I bet you do too. Take some time to put words to it and post it here. Maybe we can develop a 'transporter' from the ideas we come up with.

I think we should have everyone in the world build a "Stargate" then no only would we be able to send objects like food any where we wanted but then we could make traveling alot easier... But then again if you think about it, Laurie said she was chatting with someone online and nowadays with all of the online predators I think that it could be a little dangerous

Ever wonder... "What can brown do for you?" Use UPS!lmao jks but seriously me and Mr. Wonka have been developping a consumer level device to do the same thing. The main issue has been making the actual central device small enough to fit inside a household and then the second factor is cost-effiency. Right now we've got the thing down to about the size of an elephant (a chocolate elephant ofcourse) but it would still cost us 2 Cajillion chocolate coins per unit to manufacture. This would not make for a profitable venture.However, me and mr.Wonka work tirelessly day and night and we assure you that a functional, relativly cheap model will be available by the end of 20082. Keep your eyes open! Members of Xisto.com will recieve special discount!

acually there is this theory with quantum physics that is based on the thought that one item can be in two places at the same time. i think that it involves wormholes but i am not sure. i haven't read into it that much. i think that they acua;;y tested it with some us battleship or something. i know there is some type of conspericy behind it.it is deffinitly something to research. i think i might do that later.

Seriously, they HAVE done research on this, conducted experiments, and almost got it to work too. They almost successfully transferred an apple from on side of the room to the other, but it took an INCREDIBLE amount of energy. The only reason they had to stop the experiment was BECAUSE it was using so much energy. Once we harness solar power, which we are (seen in nuclear plants), we can begin to see this as a part of life. I'd say give it 150 years, honestly.

Edited by insaneinnovations (see edit history)

I dont have an example, but you could take a picture of it, then upload it on your computer, as a png then right click, open in notebook, then reed out all the gibberish, and then when he types it out, he can save it as a .png, then he can print it out :) cool idea! eh? took me a couple of seconds to think of it!Lol, hmm.. welll... you could.. put it on an airplane with a phone, so your still using a phone? Lol