xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DjLuki

Proxy Issues when trying to connect to chats

hey, im having a problem with this proxy thing, when i try to join a chatroom it keeps saying "Open Proxy". what does it mean? how can i change it so im able to go into chatrooms?im using internet explorer and windows vista.

OK I don't use windows vista but here is explanation what should you do basically.You start you internet explorer and found out panel called internet options in the latest version available for Windows XP it is placed in the far end of the menu bar it is called tools. Click there and check the last option then find the tab named and internet options window will open. Now check the tab named connections and it depends if you have dial up or just adsl it is the same for adsl cable internet and wireless. You check either settings or lan settings and then uncheck the Use a proxy server. This thing you are having or problem might occur because you are not recieving cookies from the chat room or chat room site administrators have baned proxies as they can be way of abuse. By entering several times as different user.