xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hippiman

Wii Flash Api What to do?

I have Macromedia Flash MX, and I found this site, http://wiiflash.org/, where they give you an API so you can detect stuff from the WiiMote. I still have no idea what an API is, or how to install it, but I have a little background on actionscript.
Some of my demos are at http://hippi.co.nr/flash, but the only completed one is WiiBall.swf, and it kind of sucks. It's pretty much just a mouse game.

Does anyone know how to install API's with that version of Flash? ;)

An API stands for Application Programming Interface. This is a bunch of code that a language, machine, or an operating system provides to make it easier for programmers to their jobs. It also allows them to access hardware and perform things that their program could not do without that code.

So in that case, does this mean that the Wii console has the ability to play Flash games? Well it seems that a wiimote can be used to play flash. If it is, then wow, ActionScript beat Java to it when it comes to console game writing. Funny that I find Actionscript a little inferior to Java.

wow, i've been looking to program for the wii pretty much ever since I got one, but i've never been able to find any source for it. This isn't really what I was looking for, but you know what? its good enough, for now anyways, awesome, thanks a ton for the link. Can't wait to try it out.

So, now that I know what an API is, does anyone know how to install one for Macromedia Flash MX? That's what I've been looking for on Google, but I haven't found anything very useful. I found some other API that had an installer for it, but I didn't really want that one, I just want the Wii one. ;)

Okay so let me get this, with this wiiflash I can use my Wiimote on my laptop with bluetooth? Awesome. But please, someone who knows more about this (the website doesn't explain much) please explain it in-detail. ;) anxious!