xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Imtay22

How To Install Php Locally? Help?

[. . .] [1]could i just put no dots at all? [2]What should be in the include file?

[1]If you have no dots, then the folder "includes" with all of its files in it would have to be located in the DOCUMENTROOT folder (which is probably "htdocs", assuming the file you're testing is located in the same folder; or whatever DOCUMENTROOT is set in the Apache httpd.conf file). Two dots mean "up one folder"; one dot means "current folder". If you have no dots but the path starts with a slash (/), then that means it'll look in the root folder.[2]Whatever you want. ;)

Okay thanks everyone I hope it works now! I have index.php in the htdocs folder, and the include file in htdocs/includes/testphpinclude.html. It still is not showing anything when I click on Index. Im going to upload it to the trap.

EDIT= When I uploaded to to the trap, it wored fine! Check it out here. That was weird..

Edited by Imtay22 (see edit history)