xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

"blades Of Glory" My Truthful Review! Might have a few spoilers, be warned

Hey everyone!Just got in from the cinema after watching Blades of Glory and despite my negative thoughts beforehand it is a very good film.The basic storyline is two very good male figure skaters end up in a brawl after they draw at the championships, they then loose their medals and are banned from male figure skating for life. But a rather obsessive fan finds a loophole allowing them to skate as a pair, and they soon end up as the first male pair to ever compete. Jimmy's camp-ness is the main source of the comedy in the film while his more Tom Jones like partner, Chazz, tries to impress the ladies while performing with his somewhat sexual performances Jimmy pulls a live dove from his overly tight outfit. Needless to say Jimmy soon assumes the more female role of the two and the battle of wills begins. The skating scenes of the film are very good, even though i would never sit and watch figure skating i found them entertaining and comical due to the contrasts between Jimmy and Chazz while they are still single skaters. I would say though that some of the effects during the more impressive moves in the skating look almost as if they were made in MS paint.. they really are quite bad, but their tackines lends itself well to the film which has many "different" sources of laughs that usually you might find ridiculous but they do work very well and made me chuckle! Their training to be a pair is also very funny as their dislike for each other manifests in several wince-worthy moments of crotch kicking..ouch! And there is something abut seeing two grown men, one of which is very camp, figure skating that is hugely funny! There are also two other skates in the competition, of curse another pair, brother and sister who also provide many laughs and some unexpected surprises that are very unnecessary but made me laugh a lot!Of curse there has to be a little romance..*sigh* it seems a staple in films these days but thankfully they keep that to a minimum of a kiss or two, of course they are funny too! Overall id give it a 8.5/1O and i dont like giving tens so thats high from me! I dont know the certificate rating but id say it'd be a good laugh for the family though there is a little bit of swearing and one scene of a woman in lingerie but nothing overly sexual there. Just enjoy the film! The end scene is also very comical in my opinion and most of the comedy is my type of comedy..so ridiculous its funny! And the tight outfits just crack me up with the camp-ness and the more butch-ness put together. I think its been out a while in America so this really is for the brits here! See it!

Edited by shadowx (see edit history)

I agree with your review. It's a great film! I like how the storyline is very simple yet you get so many laughs off it. I love the move "Iron Locust" done by the koreans (that cracked me up so much). Although most of the jokes are stupid funny, I believe the audience don't mind it so much just because it's soo good. I think Will Ferrel is the life in that movie (Even though the other actors are funny as well) I love Will's funny pompous character like he did in Anchorman.

Yes, I too agree the film was good. Before seeing it I figured it would be just as stupid as Anchorman was. And it was. I love the part after they both get kicked out and Will is at the children's arena.. well I won't spoil it, but that part was hilarious. The play between Shazz's sexual comments and Jimmy's ews was comical.The most odd part of the movie was the rival skaters.. echh. Though since they are married in real life it made it a little easier to bear. I bet there were some scenes that made the two actors sick to their stomach haha. I loved their skating routine at the beginning of the movie when they were introduced.. everyone was speechless.

Oo nice review. I thought the movie was effin' funny, but lots of sex jokes involved. Oh yeah, the guy from Neaploen, Jon Heder, kinda got out of the Dynamite type deal in there.

You know, it actually wasn't that great of a movie to me.It was enjoyable at some parts, but other times it was just flat out stupid. The plot was also a bit weak and boring.I would probably rate it a 6/10.

I saw this movie, it was really interesting. Kept me and my friends laughing for a while. We thought it was odd at first, because it was so different than what we had expected. Although, movies never turn out the way you expect them to. I do agree with your review though.