xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

New Class Of Attack Targets Embedded Devices

It's amazing how things in the security world just seem to get better everyday :lol:.

From the article it looks like security researcher at Juniper Networks mention that their is a new way a person could crack devices such as mobie phones and routers. He goes on to say that he discovered a vunerability in the ARM and XScale microprocessors and have interesting quirks in them as well. so with these vunerabilities a person could easily launch an attack with "unathorized software" in which they could "redirect traffic, steal sensitive information and other bad stuff."

It said he was able take advantage of JTAG (Joint Test Action Group) which is used by everyone to debug their software on embedded devices, but Peter Glaskowsky mentions the security risk that this vunerability has.

Most likely in the coming months after this demostration expect to see a lot of patches for these devices or straight up replacements for them.

SOURCE

HERE

That's bad, real bad :lol: But, I doubt they'll send out replacements, because that'll cost alot. I think it'd be easier to just get updates and what not.Although, it doesn't suprise me. To be honest, I'm suprised it hasn't happened already. Electronic stuff really isnt safe, but then again neither is paper and that now.