xisto Community
Watermonkey

Sobriety Of Forum Members (poll) Are you completely HIGH???

Frame of Mind  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I occurred to me a while ago that many of the writings on this forum are either from complete imbeciles or that many times people who are "contributing" are totally high or drunk. We got to discussing this in the shoutbox the other night and I decided to start a poll on the topic. I confess I'm not always totally sober when I'm on, but I've never been drunk either. Getting high isn't something I do anymore. Most people grow out of that sort of thing after they get out of college and have to face the real world. Alright, have at it! Are you high, drunk, high and drunk, or stone-cold sober? Have fun! (And drive carefully please :lol:

I've posted being slightly inebriated occassionally, but not like drop dead drunk. I don't have an objection to getting high but I haven't done it either. When I'm drunk I tend to do really stupid things, so I try to stay away from places where I could be viewed as not intelligent or stupid, or looked down upon when I am drunk. I'm really curious to see the results of this poll.

:lol: Well, since I don't drink anything with alcohol in it, don't smoke (and never have), don't do drugs (and never have) I guess I am always stone-cold sober. (Oh what a goody two shoes I'll bet you are thinking.) Although I have been on cold meds lately. I guess the only thing I have to blame for any imbecilic post I may have made is a senior moment. :lol:

stone cold sober as well, reason being I don't even want to know what I look like drunk or high. I have enough problems in my life that I don't need alcohol or drugs to make it worse. Plus money is tight these days, high gas prices and all that other good stuff.

I don't drink or do drugs, mostly because I actually enjoy the little reality that I've created. Don't have to be blasted to have fun :lol:However...sometimes I *do* have to take some heavy-duty painkillers, which can really mess you up.

Normally for me its sober, although if its on a real hot night and i'm not really doing anything apart from reading this forum, and the other sites I visit, then perhaps i might grab a light, or a mid-strength beer or two.. Living further out in the northern suburbs'.. we get a bit more space and is slightly more spaced out.

Well, since I don't drink anything with alcohol in it, don't smoke (and never have), don't do drugs (and never have) I guess I am always stone-cold sober. (Oh what a goody two shoes I'll bet you are thinking.) Although I have been on cold meds lately. I guess the only thing I have to blame for any imbecilic post I may have made is a senior moment.

Nothing wrong with sticking to the healthy side of things. There are many other ways of having fun. Never smoked in my life, drugs are a no no and i do drink a little but never to an 'out of mind drunk person' standard. And look on the finance side of things: your not wasting money on cigs, booze or drugs which all pretty much have a standard of emptying your wallet quite fast. Edited by farren (see edit history)

In the state which I live it is legal for me to drink alcohol so long as there is parental supervision. The few times I have drank alcohol, I've never been drunk, however. It might be because it tastes terrible, and after I tasted each drink that contained alcohol I had to wash out my mouth with coca cola to get rid of the taste. My father likes to call Mountain Dew "camel piss". I like to call alcohol by the same name.I've never been high, however.

I occurred to me a while ago that many of the writings on this forum are either from complete imbeciles or that many times people who are "contributing" are totally high or drunk. We got to discussing this in the shoutbox the other night and I decided to start a poll on the topic. I confess I'm not always totally sober when I'm on, but I've never been drunk either. Getting high isn't something I do anymore. Most people grow out of that sort of thing after they get out of college and have to face the real world. Alright, have at it! Are you high, drunk, high and drunk, or stone-cold sober? Have fun! (And drive carefully please :lol:

I hope that you are not driving as you are visiting this forum. That would not work...

I am a non-drinker, and i don't do drugs of any kind. Never have.

I don't take medication, either, because i perceive that it's bad for the body, and it numbs the mind.

I definatly don't like the idea of my brain being messed with --by any substance-- and that is why i don't drink or do drugs.

I like the idea of being completely conscious at all times.

In the state which I live it is legal for me to drink alcohol so long as there is parental supervision. The few times I have drank alcohol, I've never been drunk, however. It might be because it tastes terrible, and after I tasted each drink that contained alcohol I had to wash out my mouth with coca cola to get rid of the taste. My father likes to call Mountain Dew "camel piss". I like to call alcohol by the same name.
I've never been high, however.

Technically, alcohol is yeast piss. Just wanted to clarify that. When most yeast consume sugar they produce two waste products: alcohol and carbon dioxide (CO2). First time I heard it called that was when my Biology teacher in H.S. for no apparent reason spouted off a short lecture on the many attributes to being sober. Not sure if it was because he knew I was sneaking in mixed drinks with my orange juice or if his daughter was caught drinking, but he sure didn't approve of the stuff. Personally, I think it's all good, even some "natural" drugs like Ergot Fungus found growing wild on Rye or Peyote. There are many medicinal and spiritual benefits to using nature's bounty if only people would overcome their self-destructive urges to over-use and abuse them.

Anyway, carry on. This is an interesting poll indeed... :lol:

This has GOT to be the most entertaining thread/poll I've ever seen on the board, hands down! Perhaps I should start a poll on which thread members find most entertaining. Those of you said you're completely sober while writing on the forum may want to revisit your response. I believe sugar water (usually in the form of soda), caffeine and pharmaceuticals can also contribute to a state of "high-dom," or at the very least, alter cognitive function. I think I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm frequently writing under the auspices of caffeine, usually in the form of strong black coffee. And inspiration truly comes into play after a glass of cabernet or a shot of my favorite tequila, Don Julio (downed by a bottle of beer). This particular brand of tequila has no worm (thank the gods), but I'd venture to guess there's something else in there contributing to it's "magical" quality. It may be worth noting that many fine works of the 19th and 20th century were created by European and American Artisits/Writers under the influence of a peculiar green spirit called, "Absinthe." Among it's aficiondos were the likes of Vincent Van Gough, Picasso, Hemingway and Oscar Wilde. Personally, I always wondered if my favorite artist, Salvador Dali wasn't also an Absinthe benefactor. Perhaps he was simply insane (as opposed to.... :lol: ). Demonized for some time in Europe and the States, this elixir of the gods has experienced a recent revival of sorts. Let's just hope the prohibition nazis don't regain their tyrannical foothold. One prohibition per age is enough for the Enlightened Misanthrope.

I can't drink or alcohol or that stuff. This kid on my bus is on weed though. Ya I'm too young to do any of that stuff. Even if I could, I never would. That is baaaaaaad.

Ha ha, it does seem like some people are so inebriated to the point they cannot make coherent sentences. And many people run from subject to subject in posts. But I really like the movie Friday. That and that one movie Jon Stewart is in, and also Dazed and Confused... ...What was the topic?

Edited by Smack (see edit history)

I have been trying to stay away from drugs but someone is always firing one up or just getting a script and I quit drinking beer when i turned 21 that is the legal age to drink where i am from.I started to smoke cigarettes again though.Hey this reminds i am allowed in a bar haha