xisto Community
blackrabit

Trap17 Banner Proposition to Trap17

Well, I'm starting this topic because I have a proposition to make to the Xisto crew.I suppose you guys should like to have more visibility on the net, and to have your banners included in more pages, since the include of a Xisto banner is not an obligation to the hosted members, they will probably not include it in their page.So, I'm proposing the following, in order to have us including your banners you could offer some king of recognition or apreciation.I mean you could offer us 1 day credit for each complete month that your banners stay in our page, and half a credit for example for people that include a line of text refering for you page. This is just an example, you could take any other measurements. What do you, other hosted members, think? And what do you, Xisto crew, think?Just wondering...

Sounds on the surface like a good idea, but the crew would have a hard time monitoring it. How would they check that you actually had the link, banner or button on your site. It would be an impossible task to check each and every hosted site constantly. BTW I have had a reference link on my index page since I created my site here.

It doesn?t sound bad that idea of encouraging people to put a link to Xisto... But anyway imagine that you get one credit a day for having a banner. Most people could put the banner and then they wouldn't have to post in the forums so the forums will probably die slowly. Maybe two credits in a week or something like that, so you are not able to maintain hosting without posting.

But anyway imagine that you get one credit a day for having a banner. Most people could put the banner and then they wouldn't have to post in the forums so the forums will probably die slowly.

I was talking about one credit per month not per day. The way to check the including of the banner would be to check the index.php and/or index.htm files of each account to find the code of the banner, or simply for the address link. I think that's is not too hard.
Alternatively they could check only the origins of the traffic that arrives at Xisto pages.

An easier way of detecting who has it would be to have one image everyone uses [or a small set of different sized ones], and then checking the stats on that image to see what pages are hotlinking it. BUT, even that would be very hard to keep track of and give out credits for.I think people shouldn't have to be rewarded to link back to their hosting site. If you like T17, you should link to us. If not, you don't have to. But on the other side of that token, 1 credit a month won't hurt anyone, and it might encourage people to link back to us.

Well that was my idea in the first place, just a simbolic amount of credits enough to make people have a link on their site, and even then don't stop the forums. I don't mind putting a link on my site even without a reward, in fact, I'm very pleased with Xisto's services, so I'm even pleased to do that, what I meant was that I know the majority of members don't do that, and by doing it we are protecting and helping maintaining this hosting service, so I would be happy that everybody has it, and that way I was protecting my page also.