xisto Community
velma

Animal Cruelty Why do people harm helpless animals

Hello,I have read and seen so many cases of animal cruelty for no sensible reason. I mean people poisoning animals for they barked at them or something.My cat was poisoned by a neighbour...... She was tame and sweet and all. I have heard of cases where sickos poison puppies. I had seen on a documentary where a man had two dogs and for some reason he shifted and he left the poor dogs in his old home where the poor things were starved for TWO WEEKS ! and when cops came they were scared but did not bite even once.It made me cry for here it was, The poor things were subjected to intense cruelty, No food, No fresh water, Stuck in cages. And they still had faith in the human race.Why do people do this kind of pathetic thing........Give me your views on this issue....

I think the reason why people harm animals is so they can feel superior over someone seeing that they cant control anyone life they look to animals for that knowing that they have this animal faith in there hands. These kind of people are the ones that are sick in the head and need medical attention. Now we have the people that just assume that all animals are bad and if they don't kill them now later on in life that animal is going to do something to them. As you said that your cat was poisoned by a neighbor she maybe thought that your cat was the one coming in to her garden or her house and making a mess. Most people that kill animals are people that love to see other suffer they get a rush knowing that they are killing an animal. It is just like people on the road when they see a cat crossing the road they don't try and slow down and let the cat pass they speed up and hit the cat i mostly see dead cats on the street on roads that are not that busy. In conclusion there are a lot of crazy people out in this world.

animal cruelty is just a outlet for the frustrations that a man has to face ,a normal man takes it all out on his kids,these people on animals.Heck,agreed that cruelty to one that isnt that intellectually superior as us isnt fair and should be punished,i feel MORE focus should be given to HUMAN cruelty,which occours in far larger numbers.HEck,"man beats cat to death,gets fined and goes to jail" is sone the news we may see in the near future..BUT " bully beats crap outta kid for not givin him his lunch money,kid in ICU"..is news that RARELY gets featured....let us first learn to live with PEOPLE and get along with them,,,,,,then we can speculate on animals

It's sick in every way.

I actually worked as a managing assistant at a pet store for a couple of years and we had loads of different animals. I'm sad to say, quite often we had idiots who tried to steal the animals themselves. A couple were sent back by people who's sons/daughters had stolen an animal and used it as a tool for pranks/tricks on other people. In one case, one man actually bought a cornsnake and towards the end of the day, we had multiple complaints from people who say they had a "mentally unstable" man shove this snake in the faces of others in a public street! We took great care in the animals we possessed and most of the time we manage to avoid making such mistakes as that.

I mean one can steal an item or even cash, but a living, breathing animal? You would also get those who try to take animals who need very special requirements that the person is not aware of. For example, if someone would steal a turtle, it would surely die within a few days due to lack of water/supplements/proper feeds/heat and a slow death at that.

I also heard a story once that a dog violently attacked a little girl because she was jumping on it or something like that. A few days later, her older brother and his mates muzzled it, cut off it's tail, kicked it multiple times then tied a rock to it's leg with string and threw it in a river.

In most cases animal cruelty is a result of frustration from owners, experimentation or well... just plain senseless cruelty and the fact that you can very easily get away with it.

Very recently (January i think), i was driving along a backroad returning home from work and came upon a driver on the opposite side of the road who had hit a deer. The deer was actually still alive but was unable to walk at all and was critcally injured. Another person stopped and we helped to move the deer behind a hedge (in the field opposite the road). The driver explained that he will call a vet or someone to come and help it, or more likely put it out of it's misery. So as he was calling someone out, i returned to my car and drove home.

This was a saturday.....

On the monday night when finishing work it was still there and still alive! Very soon after that i called someone out and they took care of it.

What stumps me is whether that driver even bothered with the effort of calling someone out or the service they were trying to contact were unable to come out until the following monday when i reminded them? Seems obvious to me! :lol:

Yeah i believe that most people do it to feel some as though they are the superior specie. I have heard of serveral cases of this animal cruelty and it does bother me in a lot of cases but although in some cases i can see that if animals that were stray and left by someone else should be picked up by animal control and put in a pound. From the pound alot of the puppies or cat or whatever they end of finding dont get proper homes and in alot cases are killed by the pound. I know for a fact that this happens and its sad. Although alot of people already have pets and theres only much help you can do, alot of people just cant save anymore from the pound.I currently have 3 cats and 1 dog and all 3 of my cats i got from the pound when they were only a few weeks old. The guy who helped me at the pound said they were about to put the cats to sleep because they couldnt afford to get them the proper shots and food that they needed.

From the pound alot of the puppies or cat or whatever they end of finding dont get proper homes and in alot cases are killed by the pound. I know for a fact that this happens and its sad.

Can't remember whether it was 2 or 5 days maximum in a pound and they are put to sleep (well is over here anyway) if an owner isn't found.

On another note, im not too sure i like the way certain unoffcial animal welfare groups handle these things IMO. I agree on their terms but resulting to violence in some cases?

For example digging up an old womans body because she experimented on certain animals before she died. I'd be angry too but surely they had to think of the effect it would have on living relatives. There are other ways to solve things.

Why do people do this kind of pathetic thing........

The thoughtful topic starter touches on a subject of much concern to me, for it seems to run rampant and unchecked in many cultures, including those who would otherwise consider themselves, “civilized.” While animal rights have gained much ground in industrialized nations, one cannot deny much ground remains to be gained to protect the planet’s true innocents.

The weak, cowardly personality so prevalent among the typical animal abuser doesn’t stop at inflicting pain, torment and death upon innocents. More often than not, this is only the first step toward a career of abuse toward human subjects perceived as powerless by this impotent personality. The despicable pathology so prevalent among bullies who torment vulnerable classmates more often than not had its deplorable beginnings with animal torture. Children, women, and the elderly are prime candidates for abuse at the hands of these fiends. To illustrate, the infamous serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer impaled dogs, cats, and frogs before moving up to human torture and murder, and he is but one in a long line of examples.

Dahmer remains an enigma in as much as he appears to have suffered no abuse at the hands of his parents. But this is not the case with the vast majority of children who torture animals, where the correlation between family violence and cruelty toward animals cannot be denied.

This is why the issue of animal cruelty cannot be dismissed, for animal cruelty is but a stepping-stone to violence toward humans, with felony level enforcement to this end becoming widespread as authorities have finally recognized the connection.

If you ever witness someone exhibiting any manner of cruelty toward an animal (warm or cold blooded, fish or reptile), please alert an authority as soon as possible. Whether it be a teacher or law enforcement, do not lightly dismiss this sort or activity as anything but what it is: dangerous.

Edited by Misanthrope (see edit history)

That is animal cruelty, but I hate people that think every little think is cruelty. Like those videos on youtube of people feeding frogs little mice? That is not animal cruelty because that is natural and would happen in the wild as well.

i think it is funny to say cruel jokes like......nothing is funnier that the sound of a bag of puppies being beaten with a bag of kittens. :lol: but there is no way in the world that i would ever hurt an animal or let someone else hurt them. i am totaly against it.i hear case of minor cruelty to animals and it still tears me up. like dogs being chained up outside and their collar gets to small and it cuts into ther neck. i hate that. i wish people took better care of there animals.i have two dogs and they are awsome. if anyone were to ever hurt them i would be pissed. that is why when ever i see anyone being mean to someones animals i stop them.that is all you can do because there are people that like doing that kind of thing. they think that because they are as intelligent as humans you can treat them bad and hit them around and such. thath is wrong. deffending someone from a rabid or angry do is ok but not if the animal is innocent.

Hey,

That is animal cruelty, but I hate people that think every little think is cruelty. Like those videos on youtube of people feeding frogs little mice? That is not animal cruelty because that is natural and would happen in the wild as well.

I can agree to the fact that not everything is considered as cruelty but when a kid is beating a dog just because he wants to see it run away with its tail between his legs it is pretty pathetic. I have beaten a few kids when they have have beaten a dog or something to let them know how it feels..Was a bit extreme but it worked perfectly :lol: I scared the ghosts out of them.

Hmm i think animal cruelty is a serious crime, even the KFC ( kentucky fried chickens ) are going along with this crime... i have seen a little movie about it on the internet with pamela andersons or what ever she is called, im not sure if i can place the link but if you want it i can always send it by PM... Anyways i've seen ALOT of animal cruelty on a disturbing forum... i wont talk about it because its to shocking, sometimes i have to cry about how poor these animals are... Dogs are getting skinned ALIVE just for their FUR... Other senseless people beat up seadogs ( sorry i dont know the right name of those animals :lol: ) so little baby's can use that fur, its only for a year or 2 and then they get thrown away, is that a poor seadog worth?? for only 1 fur coat you already need 24 CATS... there are alot of facts...

But the biggest fact is that NO ONE DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT OR THEY CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT...

thats what disturbs me so much, i try to do as much as possible against animal cruelty...

animal cruelty is just a outlet for the frustrations that a man has to face ,a normal man takes it all out on his kids,these people on animals.

you make it sound as if it's just normal to be frustrated and take all those frustrations on someone or something like animals. while i do agree that being frustrated is part of being human, taking the frustration and focusing that one someone else (or something else) isn't normal. what's more disturbing is your usage of the word "normal" to describe man that puts his frustrations on his kids. that's not even normal, that's insanity. and even if that wasn't what you meant by "normal", separating the man that beats his kids to the man that beats animals, doesn't make any sense. it doesn't make you any "normal" beating up a kid than beating up a dog or cat.

HEck,"man beats cat to death,gets fined and goes to jail" is sone the news we may see in the near future..BUT " bully beats crap outta kid for not givin him his lunch money,kid in ICU"..is news that RARELY gets featured....

"may" is the operative word in the phrase put in bold. it means there is a possibility, but not likely. i wonder how you're able to determine something that may or may not be a trend in the news. and even if these things were featured more on the news, it's most likely because it's something that has to be addressed more. that whatever you do to harm creatures would cost you some time in jail or whatever equivalent punishment. however, it doesn't mean kids bullying others isn't as "special" as humans beating up animals. any form of violence is associated with these things, and whether it is on animals or kids, it's still a form of violence, and has to be dealt with accordingly.

let us first learn to live with PEOPLE and get along with them,,,,,,then we can speculate on animals

that's weird, sometimes animals are more easy to get along with than humans, which is quite ironic because humans are animals themselves. i guess with great intelligence comes great arrogance, that's why humans easily develop hatred toward its own kind. but i think, more importantly, since humans have developed this notion that humans are a level above than other animals, it's more okay to hurt the more defenseless animals than humans.

lol. i've never heard of frogs eating little mice and would be the same in the wild. i wonder if the frog chokes after swallowing the entire mice. :lol:

If i found someone who was being cruel to dogs or any other animal for that matter i would want to hurt them. I know i shouldn't think like that but its just not fair on the animal... What have they done wrong? nothing! I grew up with dogs and i will have them around with me for the rest of my life. So if anyone has pets make sure that they are rescue dogs so they can get a better life than the previous one they have had.

Yeah, there's a lot of animal cruelty going around in the world. It obviously can't be stopped. People just use animals, hurt them, for their own purposes. It's just taking advantage of the animal as a regular "item". Some people use these animals just for their own entertainment. It's just not right. Hurting animals because you feel like it. There's never a need or "have to" when it involves hurting animals. To think that people hurt animals because of their own will, it's almost as if they don't even recognize that animals are living, breathing things too.

why would you do that (sik people)

Animal Cruelty

There just little cute fluffy animals who are great friends I have a dog and a mouse and when my dog poohs in the house I don't like having to tell him of so I could never do that the people that do that are sick sick people and they shud be starved and left in a cage for a fdew weeks then thrown in a mental house

I hate people that do that thinking that people do that makes me sick

I love animals and k9 who rescue them I think its great :)

But I hate the sikos that do that I WOULD BASH ANNYONE OF THEM ANNYDAY :)

AHAHA well if you do that stop beacause everyone thinks you are a freak, meen , *BLEEP* soooooooo STOP!

-reply by Elllie