xisto Community
Sid3arm

How To Get New Ip Address Request a new IP address from your ISP server.

Request a new IP address from your ISP server

Here's how to do it in windows Sorry for all you MAC user's :lol:

Step 1, Click Start

step 2, Click run

step 3, In the run box type cmd.exe and click OK

step 4, When the command prompt opens type the following.PRESS ENTER after each new line.

ipconfig /flushdns *Press enter *

ipconfig /release *Press enter *

ipconfig /renew *Press enter *

exit *press enter *

If you pplz are still have mess ups with this ill make a video TUT .. or if you want to request for the Video TUT the plz do :lol: ..

Thank you

This does not grant new IP from the ISP. This is to renew the IP address assigned by the ISP. If the ISP's issued lease time expires while you are renewing the IP then you will be issued with new IP address. But the usual lease time is about 3-4 weeks.If the above method provides newer IP address each time this is performed, perhaps you should ask your ISP why the IP address rotates so much...

I agree with BuffaloHELP, this only flushes DNS cache, then renews IP address... For example, I'm on ADSL, and my IP has been the same for month and a half, with all the renewals I would attempt... It is also accesible from Network Status window, open Network connections, Right click on LAN or whatever connection you're using, right click, and select Status, and on the Support tab, you have Repair button... That essentialy renews your IP, if there has been a change in IP addresses...Now, I haven't tried this with dial-up connections, but perhaps, since dial-up IP lease is probably significantly lower than on broadband, perhaps renewing IP address in dial-up, yields a new IP from ISP..Worth chechking...

It does change your ip in a way. Your actual isp ip address is alot different then that of what your router throws out. You cant change your isp ip unless you call them. When you change it in windows its like having a forward ip address and its really just an ip that really links to your original isp ip. Just like you can never change your default gateway ip with a router unless you bring up a forwarder to change it to return back to the default gateway ip or dns address.

How To Get New Ip Address - Request a new IP address from your ISP server.

How To Get New Ip Address

Replying to Galahad

Dial up gives you a new IP everytime you make a new dial up connection

-reply by aolsux

Step 1, Click Startstep 2, Click run
step 3, In the run box type cmd.exe and click OK
step 4, When the command prompt opens type the following.PRESS ENTER after each new line.
ipconfig /flushdns *Press enter *
ipconfig /release *Press enter *
ipconfig /renew *Press enter *
exit *press enter *

if you use windows vista u need to click in diagose and repair in the tray internet icon, or you can do this steps.

:lol:

Notice from rvalkass:

Quotes added to copied text.

how can i change my static ip

How To Get New Ip Address

How can I change my static ip can I do that help me.

-reply by Fabian

Actually, most dial-up conneciton will assigned ip address dynamically.Such as ADSL.While cable modem, on the other hand, will got a static ip.I think ip could be release and renew when a adapter was bound with TCP/IP and DHCP is enabled.That cases would be useful for static ip address assignment.Eric,

This wont work for static IP's, too bad.but for another IP, you can use a proxy afcourse, to use in ur browser, or a tool like TOR.anyway, i would only use it for anonimity, else it has no good point then being slow ;)Thanks for sharing- optiplex

Mac AddresHow To Get New Ip Address

Most cable and DSL providers set your IP one time and keep it as long as your equipment stays connected.   If you reset or renew your ip address it will hand out the same IP address because it seens the same MAC address.   Change your mac address yourself.  Power sycle your modem then release / renew and you should have a new IP address.

If you are using a router you will need to change the MAC on it and reset both modem and router.

On your pc you can't always change your mac.  Only if the network card's driver allows it.   Go to your network properties for then click on Configure for the network card then  select the advanced tab. One of the options may allow you to set a physical address, mac address both are the same. 

Hope this helps.

MAC address changes does not applied in Wimax TechnologyHow To Get New Ip Address

Like other broadband service provider. Wimax(4G broadband) is the technology in the standard of 802.16-04 whereby the provider using MAC assign to a specific user to connected. Of course I'm working for them. Yet this is so unfair in this internet terms. When a user facing slow connection, especially those are at the border edge of the coverage polygon. The user have to force an IP address in which we are able to perform via our default modem setting. Just changing the last digit of our MAC such as 00-1F-FB-10-35-E6 to 00-1F-FB-10-35-E7. In the range of (00 - FF) we as an Internet User has freedom to choose our own Media Access Control. But its happen vice versa in 4G broadband. There is no way for 4G user to save their connection and keep on wasting the time and money. I think DSL is the best.

-reply by Wimax Tech-Key