xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thablkpanda

Grammar I know its been stated before...

I have to say how much I despise improper grammar, there was a topic posted below this one on grammar in which the very typist failed to spell the word 'grammar' correctly. But I do agree with his/her points. I understand people attempt to save time, and humans do make errors, but some things are insane. We have all of the time in the world on these forums, however, there are a few posters I've noticed in my months of being here at Xisto, (This is a new acct. I really joined in September or so) that there is just one or two posters that continiously have threads like this:Topic: "? abt trp17 featurs"Body: hllo trp17 ppl i want to knoe abt there featurs here at trp17.com dos the admin allo us to use php and mysql dbses? I fl stoopid cuz the feetures are on the frnt page at trp17.com, but i fel the ned to ask stoopid ?s neway. thak u vry much.Yes, yes, I know I exaggerate slightly, but when I've heard admin in a thread earlier today, I noticed he does get alot of questions - Via e-mail or IM (Instant Messengers) that pertain to information that can easily be found through a simple point or click.That is my rant thing.-Tha Blk Panda

i think the internet and in particularforums and chats promote a decadencein language skills..people tend to getlazy and standards have dropped over the years.but then on then other hand...many non-nativespeakers have actually improved theirability to converse in other languagesbecause the internet provides a channelfor making mistakes and not having tofeel emabarassed about it as peoplewould in face to face situations.

Hey I know this has nothing to do with what you are saying but...I go to a Grammar school :D So do some other people here ... Anyways... it's sort of like Abbreviations...I think..I have said this before though in another thread. It is sort of just like us saying don't instead of do not but in IM language. Nothing wrong with a bit of crap spelling...heh...Okay so there is but maybe some peopel are just too dumb to actually spell things 'rite' heh

This is a rant, isn't it? :D Yeah, I like to correct grammar and such. I really like English and I actually get good grades in it. But I really hate it 'cause we get this spelling bee thing and she gave us these French words, and I didn't make it! :D The person who DID guessed! And that was pure luck :D

Ohoh oh oh ... Do you watch Hard Spell ?? Hehe good stuff...I just shout at the tele lmao!Grammar is not important now but when you grow older...it will be VERY VERY VERY important...i mean would you want to employ a person who writes this in a letter e.g.:2day we sld 23 copies ov d foto copier machines and we managed 2 sell all ov dem

Some of them are soo dumb lmao...One did not know how to spell Cello LMAO

technically speaking, the rant is not about grammar but about spelling.there is a difference between grammar and spelling. "inthernet speak" doesn't neccessarily mean it is improper grammar. ex. "I h8 u." is a grammatically correct sentence.