xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Mysql Access Error[resolved]

The MySQL server is Down, please look into this soon.I'm with Xisto for nearly an year but never faced any issues witht the free hosting so far, but his is the first time I'm facing this. Please kindly look into this.

You sure it's down? It is working fine for my site. Check again for your site, see if it's working now.

the databse is still down,

I'm using Wordpress, the Counterize plugin displays full databse errors that it could'nt connect to database.

I get the following error

WordPress database error: [MySQL server has gone away]

I can access the databse through phpMyAdmin and the tables are intact. I was able to access it without any problem till yesterday, today I see a a lot of MYSql connection failures.
Edited by delivi (see edit history)

Quite frankly, if you can access the Database via phpadmin, then the Servers sure are not down.
Check your scripts to confirm the db connection information is valid.
Use phpadmin to run a typical Query and if you get results it has to be somewhere in your scripting, I would think.
Remove any error suppression from your script, run the script again and report the errors here in this thread, please.

As BH keeps reminding people, just because there is a problem, you cannot simply assume the Servers are down. Did you do a status check via the Xisto pull-down menu? Was it red? The Apache server of Iota is normally red, yes, but check the mysql server on Iota.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I thought i wont get this one but i finally received it!well after this i tried again and i can log in successfully.. where was the problem?

Actually the problem is not the entire databse server was down but some access problems.The functions in my CMS were not able to access the database yesterday but they are back to noraml today. I first thought it was I who mad a mistake, then noweverything is back to normal so there should have been some problem yesterday, may be server overload ...Any how I get the best from Xisto.