xisto Community
spikie

What Is Your Martial Art Level Belt? What style do you do and what belt are you?

I do Shotokan Karate.At the moment I am a 2nd Kyu (which is a brown belt with white stripe, 2 away from black).It looks like someone up there wants to stop me from going further as I had to skip two grading exams now, the last one in September as I had an operation on my nose, I managed to be back on the scene just in time to take part in a championship, unfortunately then I ended up with a knee injury.The doctor said he was considering giving me an injection on the day of the grading so I would be able to take part after all, but in the end he decided against it and told me not to do any karate for the end of the year, which means i once again saw my brown belt with red stripe go past me.I think it is enough to make anyone cringe.

Yeah good topic... I love martial arts... I did Judo and I was/am brown belt... I did it for 5 years from 7 to 12... I liked it very much... Then I Left for a while and I tried to do KickBoxing at 19... I did it for 5 years too and I was brown belt too... I left for 2 years and then redo it for 4 months... Now I releft... but I'm going to restart... It is very good because you can let off steam!

I had a first degree black belt in Goju Ryu Karate after about 6 years. Unfortunately, school got in the way soonafter and I was unable to continue. I would like to get back to it some day though.

I did karate for 2 years and I received 6th kyu, which is the 4th levelI do joshinmon shorin ryu, which is a kind of no contact karate...i liked it because of the discipline...what did you guts like about karate?

I went to learn karate a long time back.But due to some problem I left in middle or in the begining,i don't remember exactly.I only remember that my belt was I think White.I still have some doubt about it as I don't remember my belt color exactly.

Ha, I don't have any belt in martial arts, so I assume that pretty much any one of you could take me down, but, I wonder, firstly, how long did you all have to train to become your rank?Also, I assume that self-training is nearly impossible, isn't it?

I was in karate for 4 years, i AM retired from karate though. I stopped going to class after i hit 1st degree black belt :) i used to be a student teacher but i felt that i wanted to do more then karate. i did enter a tournament once though! and i did win a few 1st place trophies and some second place medals. The reason why i was in karate was because my parents made me lol that and they wanted me to learn self-defense and discipline. but one day we were playing soccer with a tennis ball in the dojo and one of the instructors kick it so hard it hit me in the eye and i came home with a black eye. and my mom thought that someone punched me in the eye but my instructor that gave me the black eye :) i was a trooper and didn't cry though lmao. it hurt to even blink all the more cry lol. those were fun times.

Edited by Tunay (see edit history)

lol,for some time I thought, the black eye was the reason y you stopped...so why did you stop really??i'm not sure whether i'll go back to karate or not *-) it kinda clashes with the times i go jogging, and i liked that...any idea what i should do???

lol,for some time I thought, the black eye was the reason y you stopped...so why did you stop really??
i'm not sure whether i'll go back to karate or not *-) it kinda clashes with the times i go jogging, and i liked that...any idea what i should do???

i guess i stopped because i found other things to do. i got involved with extra curricular activities at school (band, plays, things like that)
oh and i guess another reason why i stopped is because i moved to like the next county over and my parents didn't feel like driving me over ever day :)

I'm starting to jog too O.o; its part of my new years resolution. not to excersize more or to lose weight but to jog more and specifically job more lol but if you really want to re-join karate you should find times that would work for you. if not change your running times but i'm guessing jogging is a routine thing?

I use to do kickboxing and I got to red belt which was the first one but i was due for a grading to get yellow belt but I stopped due to knee problems. Now I just workout in my garage doing a few round on the heavy bag and lifting weights. Hoping to get back in to martial arts though in the future.