xisto Community
gamefreaksl

I Had To Get A New Ps2 Cause My Other One Broke-_-

Why they don't make it so small in the first place?I think that one reason is that when the console is new, it has to look very powerful. Therefore it has to be big. In all the PS2, XBox and GameCube advertisements that I've seen, the console looks alot bigger than what they actually are. :( But after everyone knows how powerful the console is, they can make a much smaller version of the same console. Now it has the same power, but it's alot easier to carry, and it looks better. :(

the reason why is wasnt made as small intiailly is for one reason, expansion bay. notice when the ps2 originally came out there wasnt online games nor the network adapter for it. ps2 made alot of money off of the network adapters sold seperatly, where as the new ones have the adapter built in. as well since there is no expansion bay no hdd capabilites

Alot of my friends who had PS2 had to return theirs.. They said the case cracked and they had to replace a part but it was more profitable to just buy a new PS2... I really dislike PS2. I mean ya they got SOME good games but thats like 1/100 right? I hope that Maybe Ps3 will be made better

Yeah, mine has broke before, I just called Sony, and they sent me a new one. They know how crappy the parts are that the PS2 was built with. I hope you didn't pay anything for your new PS2, if you did, you shouldn't have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here, my ps2 was broken for months until i finally got in contact with a consumer rep at sony and they told me to just mail it out and they will fix it all up free of charge. Other people i have heard said you have to pay to get them fixed, well i didnt all i had to pay was to have it mailed to them and within 1-2 weeks (maybe more, cant realy remember now) i got my ps2 back in workin condition and broke out GTA:VC and played it all night :D

God how can you stand those thingies...they're almost as bad as computers...like you ask a friend to like GO OUT ... and they are like..no sorry Im paying my PS.... Oh my god.....okay never mind thats like me with me comp

Yes, my PS2 is completely knackered, it won't read the discs anymore. Not even PS1 discs. My Dad is getting me the Silver one. Hopefully that wont break if it does I'll just stick with my Gamecube lol.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That happend to my PS2 aswell wouldnt read any disc and made a strange grinding noise, but it was ok coz it was only Ł30 to get it fixed.

i havent actually seen the smaller ps2 but i heard its really cool.. and yeah they never make the smaller console first.. its not just about the expansion bay but also about marketing schemes.. to maintain a good company u need really good marketing

In my whole entire life...I have never EVER bought a console thingy......And you have bought another one b/c the other one broke..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...Your only 13... thats not that long of a life, and also the fact that most kids dont get a system until their teen years because they are way to busy playing outside and biking and just everything. Also why wouldnt he get another one? oh my system broke, guess i can NEVER play again.... sometimes it is cheaper to buy a new one that get it fixed, so he probably made the smart decision.