xisto Community
Ridwan sameer

Any Good Free Offline Pc Games?

Hey guys,I am loking for some good games for playing on a Windows XP prffesional Pc. some war games would be nice, and some games like empire earth or like age of empires please reply. i need sopme really cool gaes. Dont matter any price i can buy anything, no price confiscation i am a true gamer and i dotn care about price.Thanks. :lol:

I don't think he meant free games :lol: he was saying that he just wants to kno of some cool games around. Price is no problem, just say the best games!You could try Rome: Total War - thats a pretty good game,another is the settlers IV - thats number 4; its a great game, fairly old but seriously fun :lol:Call of duty 3 has a really nice single player, but if you want an online shooter instead go for call of duty 2 is better :(

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

Well, if you like age of empires you can try alot, there are many versions of it, I got an myth version called Age of Mythology where you can play with the greek, norwegian and the egyptian, all of them got their own powers and stuff, its pretty nice you just have to check that out, and if im right there are more age of .... games, further you got alot online wargames where you can also play offline, like Wolfenstein RTCW.

well the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Shadows of Chernobyl is pretty cool, a great singleplayer story but Multiplayer is a bit * erm * well you know what i mean... Command & conquer : tiberium wars, Need for speed carbon ( if you have the game add me on xfire : clanbuilder )...well i got more games but they are older so...

Well, eDuke32 with HRP is free...in a way. You still need to have a shareware or full version of the original maps from 3drealms to play the game. A friend of mine who calls himself syn9 is making a free 3d futuristic racing game called Zero G you might want to check out.

i got the french version of DIABLO II pretty hard although, thats why i dont play it :lol: anyways LOTR BFME2 is pretty good too ( lord of the rings, battle for middle earth 2 ) uhm uhm... well add me on Xfire: Clanbuilder

If your looking for a pretty cool wargame, try Glest. It's free, you can find it on download.com, just search for it there.And if you don't mind Paying, Rise of Nations is very possibly the best RTS out there right now (I haven't tried Rise of Legends, but that's supposed to be even better)I think you'd really like Rise of Nations, you get alot of control over your nation's development, about the same amount as age of empires.

Edited by DeM0nFiRe (see edit history)

i will have to agree that age of empires is cool. somethign simmilar that is good is red alert. if you are wanting free just download it with a bittorrent program. simple easy and quick. use utorrent my personal fav

If your looking for a pretty cool wargame, try Glest. It's free, you can find it on download.com, just search for it there.And if you don't mind Paying, Rise of Nations is very possibly the best RTS out there right now (I haven't tried Rise of Legends, but that's supposed to be even better)

I think you'd really like Rise of Nations, you get alot of control over your nation's development, about the same amount as age of empires.

hmm never heard of those but give me C&C3 its way better then other RTS games, oh and supreme commander is cool but they made it too complicated

The Total War series, is without a doubt, the best single player strategy game. After you finish the campaign, you can even download gazillions of mods from totalwar.org, or twcenter.net, which completely modify the campaign. There are 100s, Napoleonic total war, The Crusades: total war, Middle earth total war (lol, really) the list is endless. If you dont have the internet you can still easily download these mods onto a blank disc from an internet cafe :lol:So yeah, go for total war, but i warn you, the multiplayer for it seriously sucks.

40000 Warhammers : War of Dawn is a great game too, here some info about it :Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is a Real Time Strategy game for the PC developed by Relic Entertainment and published by THQ. Based on Games Workshop's popular tabletop wargame, Warhammer 40,000, Dawn of War was released in 2004. Since then two expansion packs have been released: Winter Assault in 2005 and Dark Crusade in 2006.Dawn of War features four armies:Space Marines; the campaign features the Blood Ravens, and leading them are Captain Gabriel Angelos and Librarian Isador Akios. Space Marines rely on high morale, tough and versatile but expensive infantry and superior vehicles. Orks; several clans are featured in the campaign, and leading them is Ork Warboss Orkamungus. Orks in Dawn of War rely on a tremendous amount of infantry, with the typical "Wave of Green" removing the need to micromanage an army. The tech tree for Orks is a bit different than the one for the other races. It relies on the amount of orks currently in your army (the more the better) and the number of erected WAAAGH! banners. Eldar; the campaign features the craftworld of Biel-Tan, and their leader, Farseer Macha. Eldar in DoW are fast and have highly specialized troops, which are superior when used correctly by micromanaging. They are also able to move quickly across the map via webway gates. Chaos Space Marines or simply, Chaos; the campaign features the Alpha Legion, with their leaders, Sindri Myr and Lord Bale. The Chaos Space Marines in Dawn of War use heavy and skilled close combat troops, morale-draining daemons and powerful psychic powers. Dawn of War introduces the Blood Ravens, an original chapter of Space Marines created by Games Workshop. The Blood Ravens' history, organization, and other background information about them are described in the magazine White Dwarf (White Dwarf, 2004) as well as the novel Dawn of War (Goto, 2004).The Single Player campaign deals with the Blood Ravens 3rd Company who are called to assist against an Ork invasion on the planet Tartarus. This eventually pulls them into conflict with the Eldar and finally the forces of Chaos.i cant stop playing it,Starcraft brood wars ( its an expension pack ) but if u want info on that google it cuz ppl may consider my post then as spam...