xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amezis

Game Like Gran Turismo For Pc I dont have a PS, but I love GT :-(

AgreedGame Like Gran Turismo For Pc

Yep... I realized it... Gran Turismo is the best racing game I've ever played. NFS is good, yet I still lost something from this GT that makes me looking for them again. In the end, I always wanted to play Gran Turismo, but I don't really want the console :P... Still looking for a GT3 / GT4 with PC edition, and I know Google is failing me :(...

-reply by K4mu1z

Gran Turismo PCGame Like Gran Turismo For Pc

Ok hands down first off, Gran Turismo is the Best racing gameEVER!! Made.. It actully really makes me made that no one else can evencome close to how good this game is... Sorry Need for speed I don'twant lights under mycar or you whole 30 cars to choose from. If I cantcompletely customize it head to toe the way I want it with running intoon coming traffic it just bores me.. I would pay 80.00 if they wouldjust release GTA5 for all the systems. No other competetor can comeclose to the game. Idk if its beacuse they lack the skills or justdon't care enough to stop making WWII FPS Games or some stupid car gamethat tricks out your car like your actully going to get girls inside ofit more then under the hood where all the good things happen. I spent2k building my dream computer and I'm kinda mad I'm gonna be reduced tobuying a PS2 agian just to play Gran Turismo 4. If anyone has a seriouscomparison to Gran Turismo Then please let me know. Cuse ive tried aTON of games that just repeditivly fall short of Gran Turismo... 1. Ifyou never played the game DO NOT REPLY.. 2. IF you don't understand whythe game was the best DO NOT REPLY.. 3.. Why did someone post about amotorcycle game?? seriously.. I know you never played GT4EVER!

Please Help

The NFS series no longer produces "street race" based games due to numerous complaints from various sources. NFS Pro Street is amateur circuit racing, basically organized street racing on closed circuits. From the little I've played the physics & gameplay are quite similar to GT. It's a completely different game from it's NFS predecessors and certainly worth a look for any fan of GT.

Hands down, iRacing is the best experience that you will get, real updates according to the real life physics, tracks etc.  Tracks look like your actually there, and feel like your there too.  The physics of the cars is truely amazing.  The only bad thing about iRacing is that it is pay to play, but it is worth every penny, trust me, have a look on youtube of iRacing's COT, Truck, Nationwide, Indy cars, etc whatever u want, and see for yourself why it is the most respectful simulation program, even ask the guys who joined.

Dale Jr.

Carl Edwards

Bobby Labonte

And there are many more professional drivers on there for you to race.  Check it out guys, it is well worth the experience, trust me, when u play it, you WILL feel that sensation, and you WONT wanna quit!

NFS ShiftGame Like Gran Turismo For PcNFS Pro-street sux the newest NFS is the best Need for speed game I ever played.Need For Speed SHIFT is a realistic race simulator and you really are sucked into the game when you are racing. You can choose many different cars and tracks to race with/on.You start with the simple races to see what you've got and work your self up to be a top racing-gamer.Check it out on you tube.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/:

You guys have lots to learnGame Like Gran Turismo For Pc

Listen kids, first off, physics for most of the GT games were horrible. It's a fact. I've been using PC simulators for almost 15 years. I currently develop scratch made content (physics code and sounds) for games like rFactor, GTR and the RACE series. I've spent thousands of hours researching physics and collaborating with other physics guru's like Niels Heusinkveld, RMi, CTDP and others. If anyone is the most educated about simulated vehicular physics in this thread, it's me.

You guys are sitting here blabbing nothing but your opinions. The basis in which a simulation is judged is first by it's physics. If the physics aren't correct to within a certain standard, you don't have yourself a good simulation.

The GT series started out looking like it had promise. 1 and 2, for it's time, had decent physics, though, in that department, it did become overshadowed by the ever legendary Grand Prix Legends. However, with that said, GT 1&2 were, none-the-less, at that time, within the constraints of what was considered to be good physics reproduction. However, GT3 and especially 4, failed miserably to scale their physics development along the timeline as PC developers did. ISI, Papyrus, Simbin, the now defunct 10tactical (now Slightly Mad Studios) and others continually evolved and improved their physics development with the utilization of every technique available at the given time, which resulted in the most advanced consumer simulators software developers could possibly create. The developers Polyphony have not followed this development model, but instead have followed a subjective, internal proprietary physics development path, and have paid the price by having a less than ideal physics reproduction in their games.

I've played all versions of Gran Turismo including 5P, even some Japanese versions, and I've also played Forza 1 and 2. The bottom line, is that they simply do not stack up when it comes to physics. Anyone who is serious about simracing is serious about physics reproduction, because unless physics are reproduced as accurately as they can be given the current technology available, it cannot be a serious simulator, but a mix - a compromise... Which is otherwise known as, an arcade game.

Up until this point, the only console simulation that has ever come close to going toe to toe with PC simulations, is a title called "Enthusia", by Konami. Sure, it might not be as pretty, but I assure you, Enthusia is the real deal. If you want to know what a REAL simulation feels like on the console, then play Enthusia. I guarantee most of you will throw it out the window in two minutes, because the physics in Enthusia are RAW, uncompromised physics, just like on the PC.

So sure, you guys can go on about GT being the best racing game ever made all you want. Go right ahead. The fact of the matter is, GT doesn't reproduce physics within the standards of todays most advanced PC simulators. If it can't come at least close to those standards, I don't understand how you can praise it with such passion. I understand the game may provide vast amounts of enjoyment and fun for you, which is great. That's a good thing, that means it's a great game. But it is in no way a simulation by todays standards.

-reply by ISIGuru

Gran Turismo is still the bestGame Like Gran Turismo For PcI definitely agree Gran Turismo is still the best racing game by far,It might not have the greatest physics but the overall package,Gameplay, number of cars + tuning customization + tracks + events haven'tBeen matched imo.I've never owned a Playstation (1-2-3) and never will, but I've borrowed a PS2 + gran turismo from a friend and I did have a real blast with GT during that time, unfortunately there's no way I'm buying a console just to play 1 game, I'd rather spend $ on my PC to play Flight Simulator, Freelancer, RTS Games, Music Sequencers + business software. Though if there ever was a Gran Turismo port to the PC I would immediately buy it.-reply by Byros