xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SamiFX

Domain Name Redirect

I've setup the my account with a domain name with start of this month and from that time and it's working normally, but the problem starts when I have add an addon domain last 4 days ... the addon domain works fine but the oiginal domain name somtimes it shows me pages that were on previous server... I've checked the Nameservers .. pointed to Xisto servers .. I wondered

Looking at your account, is it possible that your first (original domain name) is also added as add-on domain and that might be causing the problem?When you add-on a domain, it creates another subfolder. So to update files to this website you must update the 'subfolder' that was created and NOT under public_html folder.The correct solution is for you to remove your first add-on domain from the add-on list since this first domain is registered with your hosting account.If for some particular reason you want to keep the domain name structure as is, then simply update files under this 'subfolder' and place a redirect index page under your public_html to 'subfolder' (although I highly recommend you do not do this).

The correct solution is for you to remove your first add-on domain from the add-on list since this first domain is registered with your hosting account.

Before I do this I want to tell you somthing I found about the first domain when I do a DNSreport I found that the NS records at parent servers are pointed normally to Xisto Servers but NS records at nameservers are still pointed to the old server (my old hosting website) :lol: ?????????

can't pinpoint the problem, samifx, sorry. if your original domain is still binded/bound on your old host, you can try dropping it from there. if your old nameservers appear in your list of DNS, (ns1.oldhost, ns2.oldhost, etc.) apart from those from Xisto, delete those old nameservers for your original domain (although a whois report on the domain in question is okay, since i last checked).try as admin BH advises. it may work. tell us how it goes.

The problem wern't fixed yet! I have droped my domain from the old host since 3 days and nothing changed.. and when I did a dnsreport.com I found that the ns records of the old host doesn't change! also the primary nameserver of the SAO record doesn't change it still pointed to the old servers

in an earlier PM, you stated that this problem (redirect to old host) occurs with the presence of WWW typed in along with your domain, and that your domain alone minus the WWW is the correct instance of your website. i've confirmed this problem on my side as well before when i tried your domain, with and without the WWW. your recent update (dropping the domain from old host) has resolved the problem with WWW redirection to old host, at least on my end as i tried it just now.i can now see on my browser that with and without WWW on your domain, the domain now falls on your website hosted with Xisto. try pinging your domain, with and without WWW. you will see that it resolves to the same IP address now, unlike days ago, when they resolve to different servers (yourold host, and Xisto).try to clear your cache, reload your browser, and then visit your site again -- with and without WWW. press CTRL+F5 to refresh your site every time. you still having the problem? update us again, so we can lay this problem to rest. :lol:

Yes I know that serverph but this don't stay like this in all hours of the day it returns in previous situation somtimes I think in the morning of GMT another problem I just found that I can't send emails from the account.. it recieves the emails normally but I can't send them... also I use a PHP script in my site , usually sends confirmation email upon registration but it doesn't do it.. thats why I told you about SAO record it still pointed on the old server...