xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dedyradix

It's Time For Portable Software Generation Its time for Portable Software generation

I have the PortableApps suite, which contains pretty much the base programs (like Open Office, Firefox, etc) but you can also add to your collection and keep everything (more or less) in one place. It certainly is great to have all these applications on a USB memory stick, since it also means that I'm able to save some space and memory on the computer.

yes, I do that for years.. every software who doesn't use the windows resources can work in other computers without make a setup .. I just copy the directory in Program Files >>> Put it in my USB Disk >>> and run it in another computer :P

portableapps is great, especially if you use computers at school, libraries, and other places that place a lot of restrictions on what you do. If I forget a paper at home, I can just use filezilla to connect to my home server and grab the file. Unfortunatly Firefox doesn't work on my school's computers for some reason, so I'm tied down to internet explorer. They also need to put out some more games

Edited by andybebad (see edit history)

I used software in a directory or network drive on my PC that didn't use the registry from about 5 years ago. Examples of programs I used are the old versions of 2xExplorer, Font Xplorer Pro and other small programs like FilZip. I ended up haveing about 200, which I could make a site about on its own! I would post them all here but I have them on my computer in the UK, and I am in Thailand. Sorry!

that is awesome! I havent really used my usb drive since I finished school, I probably lost it by now, If I find it I will definitely try this out. It will be especially useful for whenever I want to take my files to different Operating systems

thats something that is really a need today and it's something good! i carry a few portable softwares myself too... because i'm not sure if the computers i would be using will have things i want! anyways nice one! i think they should make for more programs though! :Pcheers!!

If you've a Flash drive with a minimum of 1GB you can carry most of the desktop applications in it.Mojo PC is a great software that helps you to install the software in the Flash Drive and keep all the application settings and preferences safe and secure when you use them in another PC. It provides you with a desktop of its own to access the applications installed in the Drive. It also allows switching between windows Desktop and MojoPC desktop. A must try software for all portable software users.The Mojo PC can also be sued to carry software in iPod or any portable device with inbuilt memory.

Are you want run your program in USB disc drive???Everywhere ??You just choose & find portable software at http://www.portablefreeware.com/ and http://portableapps.com/ !!!

nice, theres a similar site at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

has some anti-virus portable apps to. :)

I use one USB Flash drive to store any neccessary software I might need at all times... Mostly, the software I carry around is the software I made myself, so it doesn't use registry or depends on a certain components... Everything is on a USB Flash... Many other portable applications too are located on my USB (Kingston 4GB)... I use another 4GB Kingston for storing and transfering misc data...