xisto Community
Zubair1

Yahoo 250mb Upgrade

Woow......yahoo made an another upgrade to 250MBand some other features.....i think they like giving away free space...but why don't they give that space to their hostinggeocities.com they sure will get lots of member out of that...not lots of people are interest in big space for email accountsrather then hosting accounts...hope they start thinking like me..lol :(

yahoo mail provide 250mb for new users ...but for the old existing user it takes forever ... mine r still not 250mb ... aih ...but when i create a new account i got a 250mb one. -.- they dun give that space to hosting is just because that they need to consider about the bandwidth ... not as same as email .. u wont use up too many bandwidth ...but if it;s hosting .. then the site is available to every1 all around the world .. and let's say if u have 100mb file on ur site to be downloaded by 100 ppl.. then that would be a 10 G bandwidth used.u wont used up that much bandwidth by email .. the maximum only 250mb for this instance

Hey, you're right! They're just trying to compete with hotmail and gmail; to think that they were the first major email client to give their mebers alot of space, and now they're losing the fight! :(

yahoo upgraded to 250mb before hotmail. hotmail is the laggard in this case. In any event, this is solely a response to gmail which is why yahoo has no plans on increasing webspace for geocities. Besides, geocities sucks anyway... cant even ftp your files to your webspace.

All these upgrades are goin on just cuz of Gmail, Hotmail upgraded their email service to 250mb, and now YaHoO! upgraded to 250MB, just to compete, but still Gmail rocks. In my opinion: 1. Gmail 2. YaHOo Mail 3. Hotmail

Hey why didn't my hotmail account get upgrade i still have 2MB in itany-one here please tell me the problem and solution for itdo i have to make a new account to gain 250MB?well i will never do that

Hey... mine is still 100 mb,how to get it upgraded? or it is only available for the new user, then i won't make the new one.. hoever i don't really need such a great mail space. You wont' need them

I think you contact them by mail...they'll tell you what to do.....i sended a mail to hotmail supportand they mailed me back saying thatthey are upgrading on batch basis , it is still on ...accounts will be upgrade to 250 soon

Zubair1, yes I like your idea. Yahoo should put some of the space into e-mail, but a majority of it should go to Geocities. People probably want more webspace than e-mail since previously Yahoo had 100 MB which is plenty. I use Gmail and I haven't even used 5 percent of it yet. I also use Yahoo for other things but yes Gmail does rock.

Well...although yahoo and msn have upgraded their storage, they are still outran by Gmail by 750 MB more....not to mention the speed of the Gmail service...and Gmail provides free POP3!!!

Hey... mine is still 100 mb,how to get it upgraded? or it is only available for the new user, then i won't make the new one.. hoever i don't really need such a great mail space. You wont'  need them

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sandymc I think YaHoO! is giving 250MB to only new users, they haven't upgraded old accountsto 250mb yet, they are still 100 mb i believe.