xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
the ipc

Judo

Howdy,I tried Judo for a half of a year and i broke my leg so i can't do it ever again,what i wan't to say is that judo isn't as lame is it looks, it's verry cool adn fun!It can even save your life when somboddy trie to shoot at you!so trie judo everyboddy!!!!grtz, Styno!

I must say, good message my friend! I instruct Judo along with a few other things and it beats all iconic misconceptions, it really is a useful art. Sure, some of the more competitive styles which go from the standing, grabbing position are perhaps a little unrealistic, but that said, it still teaches weight compisition, the basic techniques (I mean who can brake out of a an ippon sinagi?) and the physical conditioning to withstand this essence of fighting. In my experience, and i'm sure you'll agree, most 100% real fights usualy end up with the two going to ground, and knowning so excellent locks can make the difference between life and death. We, as a freestyle team teach and develop Combat Judo. It is similiar to any other style or form, except it encorporates punching, kicking, blocking - the bases of combat with the grappling and throws, and now that were on the subject - the slightly more agressive versions. The entire style and art is very productive and incredibly effective. I have been studying combat kodokan now for just over 11 years (I'm only 15!) and it's saved my life before, and I can tell you as a martial artists that studies over 9 over styles, it is one of the most useful of all of them. So good message mate, It's a shame you broke your leg, but I hope it wont keep you from the arts. Perhaps Aikido or Karate may be more suitable?

I've traveled a lot, and been in many real life combats, and none of them have ended with 'both opponents going to ground'. In my style of the martial arts, it is considered a dishonor if an opponent lays a hand on you (we study complex, effective evasions). A good martial artist must not take a hit, nor be grabbed in combat. I have seen fights 'go to the ground' but those have been fights where both fighters were basically untrained.

The ground is a bad place to fight from, especially against multiple enemies.

Combat can be broken into:

1) Good Balance, Stamina and Physical Endurance (these are basic necessaries).

2) The ability to completely evade the enemy's attempts to attack or grapple, while placing yourself in a position to strike (this is crucial to success in a real-life combat).

3) Striking with power and accuracy at nerve points and other sensitive areas on the enemy's body so that your enemy goes down with your attack.

Ultimately, the one who should end up on the ground should be the ones attacking you - not yourself.

You MUST be fluid in combat. Many street combats involve several attackers, WITHOUT the LUXURY of being able to grapple with one, especially not on the ground, where your attacker's pals will kick your head off. Yes, they will.

You have to evade, and while evading strike as opportunity presents itself (and it will). And when you strike, your enemy must fall.

There are a great many more things I could say about street fighting, such as felling the leader first, 'busting' someone open so that you add the terror factor of spilled blood to the fight, to demoralize your opponents.. and on how to deal with armed assailants, but they don't come under this topic. Perhaps elsewhere...

Hello, Judo is a very important sport, it was originated in Japan, its an excellent art and combat style. Judo Can be very helpful, like if your walking down a strret and somebody attacks you will reactly really quickly and be precise about what your doing to the person like giving him a special kick in a special part where he wont get hurt just leave him uncontious etc...I tried Judo for 3 years and when i started football, i really helped me, when i would fall down I would jump back up and try again so its really usefull trust me.I truley know, that you will never have regrets... Thanks

A friend of mine took Judo. Isn't it supposed to a kind of body analyzation thing. Where you figure out the weak points and stuff and use them to your advantage? The flow of movements and stuff like that. I've never taken it so I don't really know what it's used for. But I do take Kendo. I might start Judo in the Summer, though.

My dad tried learning Judo and some other martial arts from a book when he was a teenager. I don't really know how far he got into it, but I'm guessing he didn't learn too much because it's hard to learn something like that from a book. You need someone there to show you what you're doing wrong.

Judo, I tried a lot but its not made for mine. I tried a lot but always failed to learn. I practice a lot. :unsure:

I am not into martial arts. Although I would like them as a sport. Some of the videos of people doing Judo are amazing. I know what it is like to not be able to do a sport ever again because of breaking a bone while participating in the sport. It is actually really hard to accept sometimes. Having to give up a sport altogether. Epically if you have done it all your life, which many people in Judo have done.

I tried Judu for almsot 6 months and I broke my clavicle that's why I stopped, although I still love it so much that I would practice again if I had the chance to.I practiced Karate for four years before Judu and I must admit that I didn't like it at all, no one will know how Judu is powerful and very cool soprt before trying it.