xisto Community
Misanthrope

Do You Prefer Cats Or Dogs? Your Choice of Pet Says Something About You

I love dogs... When I am bored and there is not one to play I can fight with my dog and have a lot of fun! I also like cats but my family don't let me hug them, he says that is because of the hair that is dangerous.

That is a big tough one!I love both...but if I had to choose one...er...DOGS!I have both, two cats and one dog. but maybe I just like dogs better because you can get a big dog and play with ti rough and outside, or you can get a small dog that acts like a cat. Don't get me wrong I love them both.I would say Long haired chiuaua!Good disscussion topic...now we can hurt those cat lovers!! lol MUAHAHA Just playing though!

CATS RULE!!! they are much more cleaner than dogs, cheaper to keep and don't go around killing people like the dogs in my country do. Cats are very calm, and don't you just love sitting in a swivel chair with the lights turned off and stroking your white cat while it's purring. Ahhh the serenity.

My first day here and allready I'm about to get in trouble!! :)

Seems we have lots of cat people here.......

Dogs Rule, Cats drool!

Cats are snobbish creatures, they are all ME ME ME, they care not one wit about you aside from the fact that your clean their stinking litterboxes and provide them with delicious food. Dogs on the other hand, show true concern for their owers and can be hugely beneficial companions, who ever heard of a service cat?

Cats may purr when you hold them, and they may come when called, (if they are hungry) but training is pretty much limited to what ever the cat wants to do. Dog are far better at interacting with their owners. Time and patience spent with your dog training it can give the ower great personal satisfaction of being the proud owner of a well behaved pet.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not really a cat hater, I actually have one. He thinks he is a dog though, so I'm ok with him :)

And cats can be useful for keeping down rodent populations, every farm should have a barn cat or 2. But for being a pet, give me a dog any day!

i personally prefer dogs. but i like cats too. it's just that i've had dogs since i was young. right now i don't want to own any pets (although we have dogs and cats here at home), because i feel like i won't be a good owner. my pet dog actually died due to an epidemic (i called that epidemic because the mother dog, and two of her pups died in less than a week due to some sickness that i can't even determine the cause). sure i feed the animals and try to play with them at times, but i really couldn't get myself into "owning" them.

i would perfer a cat,a cat because rigth now i have 2 cats in my houseand there is not one single bug left in my house or rat. My cats litteraly eat them, and i dunno how tjhey do it.some days i will wake up and there would be a mouseshead, only the head left on its body. dunno where thebody went :\so cats really come in handy for killing creatures in yourhousehold.

I must say, I'm going to go with Dogs. Cat's aren't loyal, and they hate anything to do with you. Yes I'm sure someone has a cat out there who likes to be with their owners but my experience has always been that the cat doesn't even want you in the house with them. A dog will always be with you. My dog won't even stay in a room if there is nobody in there, she always follows you into whatever room you walk into :).

When I was a little girl, I got chased all the way home by a little Scottish Terrier, so I've really never been a big fan of the little dogs. My parents didn't want the responsibility of taking care of any animals other than the goldfish we'd win at the fair, but a stray cat birthed her litter behind our garage, so we kind of adopted them. Not that we really fed them everyday or let them come in the house, we just gave them food every once in awhile or put out saucers of milk sometimes. The kittens would let us pet them and we made little toys for them. I think my mom and I tried telling my dad to let us get them spayed and neutered, but he didn't want to pay for it, so one of the kittens grew up to have a few litters in our backyard and my dad wouldn't let us feed them anymore.But now my heart belongs to my lovable, cuddly, pretty little pit bull. Like most people, I was a little hesitant when my husband came home and said that he wanted to adopt a pit bull even though our neighbor from our previous home had a wonderful pit bull that we would play with and pet sit on occasion. But he was 150 lbs and didn't play well with other dogs. He was extremely friendly to most people, and he mostly just watched and growled at people that he didn't like. Still, I wasn't sure that I wanted to deal with a dog like that since he could be so tempermental sometimes and weighed at least 30 lbs more. We made the best decision of our lives when we adopted our pit bull, Arizona. Since she's a female, she only weighs about 50 lbs, although it can seem like more when she would go tearing off after a squirrel. Thanks to our training sessions and the Gentle Leader, she's much easier to control. And she loves to just cuddle, snuggling in between my husband and I when it's cold. Sometimes she's needy when we've been gone most of the day and she'll follow us around the house, but for the most part, she's pretty content to just lie there next to us. And she's always happy to receive attention when we give it to her, unlike cats which mostly only accept attention on their terms, not yours. So yeah, I'm definitely a dog person. Or at least, I'm a fan of medium and large dogs. I still can't stand yappy little dogs like Chihuahas... and Scottish terriers (shudders).

Dogs are definitely better pets, they are loyal and playful... maybe you need to bath them more often and clean their poop :) but they are, in my opinion, better pets than most of the other animals.The reason why I don't have pets is because I don't like to clean their... <you know what> and bathing them sure is stressful, specially when they run away from you all around the garden xD

neither.. im against having pets.. imho animals should be in the wild and only domisticated for a purpose(sheep dog, work horse) not as a pet/toy!pets=toys not good.. they are animals who have a role in this world not to toy with..

I think both animals have their advantages and disadvantages.Cats, seem more calm (in most cases) to me, so that is good for me, depending on my mood.Dogs, on the other hand, are more playful and energetic (again, my experiences).I have both, so I don't really have a preference. :P

I think that there is not really a preference for me, as I love both Cats and Dogs equally. They are both great, but if I had to choose one that I would want to buy, it would be a cat before a dog. Cats seem cleaner than a dog.