xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jcreuter

I Might Be Getting Fired what should i do?

me and my friend are working at the same place (he got me the job) and the other day i got blamed for something i dident do but i guess that dosent matter because according to some of the people that work there i will most likely be fired within the next two weeks and that might not look to good on my resume so i was wonderingif i should just quit now or see it they're or not. i have a friend that can get me a job at another place but i kinda like my old job and im not to sure what to do. got ne advice?

Wow...that sounds harsh. Ideally, you would try to have something ready in case you DO get fired, even if you really like the current job you're at now. It's a tough decision, I know, but in the end if you want to resign, stay positive and thank the company for allowing you to gain some valuable working experience before you go.

What kind of work is it you're doing? Flipping burgers or something more important? Reason I ask, is if you're just flipping burgers or something unskilled like that, then don't worry about your resume. Also, if you didn't do what you're being blamed on, then you should tell the employer that you'll sue him if he says anything defamatory to any of your future potential employers who may call to verify your work history. You've got the law behind you on this one. If you're certain you can get the other job, you might as well line it up and take it. Then quit this one in a positive manner by taking your boss aside, explaining to him what you know and what you don't know, tell him/her what you think of the situation, then quit. At least this way, you'll be taking the reins and telling them when you'll be leaving instead of waiting for them to let you go without notice. Take control of the situation and you'll be surprised at the results. They may just beg you to stay and offer you a raise to do so. Ya never know...

The reason for firing you is not well defined here. Is the firing related to whatever you got blamed for or something else? If you are being fired for wrongly getting blamed for something, take it up with the boss. It is not fair for you to have to take the blame if you indeed did not do something. If the firing has nothing to do with this "blame" incident, you need to find out why you are getting fired. You do have a right to know. Maybe "some people that work there" are wrong. Seems to me there is something more here than meets the eye. Are you being set up by other people? Whatever, I think you need to have a private conversation with the boss. Good Luck!

Yes, I really think that talking to the boss is going to be your best option, though I dont know how difficult it may be to get to your boss. I wish you good luck on your situation.

The reason for firing you is not well defined here. Is the firing related to whatever you got blamed for or something else? If you are being fired for wrongly getting blamed for something, take it up with the boss. It is not fair for you to have to take the blame if you indeed did not do something. If the firing has nothing to do with this "blame" incident, you need to find out why you are getting fired. You do have a right to know. Maybe "some people that work there" are wrong. Seems to me there is something more here than meets the eye. Are you being set up by other people? Whatever, I think you need to have a private conversation with the boss. Good Luck!

my boss is the one that blamed me for the things i dident do and me and the boss are kinda good friends but i have been told by one of the other employees that im probally going to get fired within the next two weeks or so even tho i only work there like 2 times a week still im just mad that i might get fired for somthing i dident do it is one of my biggest petpeeves. Plus i like the job and most of my coworkers hang out outside of work too. i really dont think im being framed for it i think it was just an accident and assumed that it was me.

One of the other employees told you that you'd probably be fired. This is not official and really does not have any weight behind it at all - at this point, it's merely coworker gossip.However, it could be true. If I were you, I would prepare for the worst but expect the best. Go ahead and work on updating your resume. Start looking at other jobs even though you might still have this one.But then again: if you're being blamed for something that you didn't do, by your boss, then is this really the place you want to work? Even if nobody's going to fire you, will you be content to stay at this job any longer than is absolutely necessary? If your boss isn't willing to listen to your side of the story this time, then what will happen if something serious/illegal happens and you just happen to be around at the time? (Let's say that the cash register comes up fifty bucks short one day because somebody's pilfering...even if you don't steal so much as a piece of chewing gum, will you be blamed for it if you happen to be in the area?)

One of the other employees told you that you'd probably be fired. This is not official and really does not have any weight behind it at all - at this point, it's merely coworker gossip.

well before they were trying to fire someone elce but they couldent find ne one to replace him for about two monthes and everyone but him knew he was going to get fired i told him about it once but he dident belive me because i was kinda new and he thought that if he was going to get fired soon he would know about it and then one day i went in and he wasent there.

First of all, i feel sorry for you..What is the reason they have decided to fire you ?? Is it a any mistake on your part ?? If there is totally nothing wrong that you have done, then i suggest you go and have a talk with the concerned people. Let them know what went wrong , and also let them know how important this job would be to your career. I guess those people (whether it is your boss or CEO or manager) do have a heart to listen. So the best way which i thin you can use to get out of the problem is by giving a talk.What if you have done a mistake ?? I suggest you to take the talk route there to. Go and apologize for anything wrong which you have done over there.. True, it might hurt your reputation somewhat. But , it is really upto choosing between either lossing your job or giving an apology, .. The latter sounds better to me considering that this job is quite important to you. But the bad part here is , you don't get to give the final verdict. Even if you do apologize , it is upto them really to decide isn't it..Whatever you do, first plan whether it is good enough, and once you have done so, do not think over it again. Once you have done something to your level best, you have done your job. Even if you get fired later , it equates to those people who fired you doing their job wrong, by losing a valuable employee. That might not be much of a delight to you either, but the point is Try to keep your job as much as you can. And, be prepared to face the road ahead incase you lose the job. Good Luck !!