xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-[Nero]-

[problem]disconnecting When Doing Certain Things.

I'm using a wireless router, Dlink DI-524 and connected to a cable modem.I've been facing disconnection problem about a week and still cant find a panacea for it. What's really weird is that it will always disconnect whenever my friend send me something on msn messenger and downloading with utorrent. This still happens when i did the same thing after reconnecting.And it will occasionally disconnect when I am1. Buffering music or videos, especially on YouTube2. Receiving files via file sharing feature in msn messenger3. Uploading pictures to picture hosting websitesAnd sometimes, it will disconnect when I'm surfing through the net.Can anyone help me? I really need a solution to this.

Old post but describe your connection like :I conect with laptop Internet over wirrellesadapter to router etc. Main problem is always Zero configur. for Wireles connection /Windows XP/

old post, but have you ensured you have the latest drivers and your router has latest firmware? What is the distance b/t your router and wireless card? Concrete walls, microwave, cordless phones? Your signal seems to be fluctuating, but it is probably more of a driver/firmware issue.