xisto Community

Well, EVERYONE must have lost their tv remote at some time and we use it way more than a phone so i was thinking a tv remote pager we loose tv remotes more than the phone we use tv remotes all the time either in the couch or somewhere else and we end up looking for it more than what we do with a phone so why not place a button on a tv like a pager but instead of for a phone, for the tv remote control, we would find the tv remote in less time almost everyone would use it at one time or another we wouldnt have to change the channel manually anymore because when we lost the remote we could just page it, it is the perfect idea :P add a button on the tv to page the remote control just like a phone pager :( what do you people think about this?edit: also look at my most recent post about a voice activated tv which might put this idea out of use :(

Edited by Matrixdudej (see edit history)

I tried this before with one of those little devices you are meant to attach to your keys: you whistle and then it starts beeping and flashing LEDs at you so you can find your keys. Strap one of them to the remote and you can find it easily. It also reveals if someone is trying to hide it from you :P If you actually sold these then I think people would buy it. It's one of those weird little items that could actually be useful!

The problem is that people would have to buy a new tv...And a new remote...Its too expensive...If it were a small sticky piece that has a speaker on it and when you push the page button it sounds...And it sticks to the remote...Thats a good idea...Ive always thought about a tv pager...But cant do anything about it-reply by its mee

this is it. one flawRemote Pager

no how about this you wouldn't even have to buy a new tv you could just buy a seperate package gadgets that you could also stick to you cell phone, keys, pen, lighter, wallet, anything and have it rechargable like on a little pod (the charger that has the page button on it) so on the object you want to page have velcro that you can re attatch to the object after done chargeing. The only matenance you would have is after you are done charging it you would have to put the velcro pager back on the object that which you desire to page./txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley14.Gif tell me what you think of this!.

-reply by miach le

Well I think I have an even better idea for this, produce it as a small metal disc which slips in at the end of your AA, AAA or small CR batteries. That way you don't need to charge it and it doesn't have to be stuck to the outside of your remote, or keys it just idles there until it receives a specific radio wave and then starts beeping.

IDEA TAKENRemote Pager

This idea has been copyrighted by a man names ADAM BASH in Indiana...So keep looking for another idea

-reply by Joey

tv pagerRemote Pager

to miach le and everyone else, behold I have created a demo version of paging device very similar to what miach le posted. Thought about it since I was about 8 years old when my dad would yell at me evrynight when I was in bed to come downstaires and find the remote, then finally made one when I was about 18. The first one was very bulky but just a demo version , the second one I made was smaller but only served the purpose for paging a tv remote and wasn't rechargeable. The final one which I just recently finished is about the size of one of those tiny mp3 players. Its rechargeable from the home base which also charges more then one at a time seeing how people often loose other daily things such as keys and walets etc...I've just finished getting the u.S. Patten for it which was not cheap may I say and now I'm just awaiting on approval for the canadian patten and as soon as thats done they will be available to everyone at a very affordable price. I have tested this final dxevice for about a year and a half now and have given them out to family and friends and have had no complaints. At full charge the battery last about 3-4 months paging it once a day, comes in a variety of colors and is very durable. So keep your eyes open for it in stores and on tv...

-reply by mike

What's your patten number? I can't seem to find anything like this in the U.S. patent data base.

tv pagerRemote Pager

to miach le and everyone else, behold I have created a demo version of paging device very similar to what miach le posted. Thought about it since I was about 8 years old when my dad would yell at me evrynight when I was in bed to come downstaires and find the remote, then finally made one when I was about 18. The first one was very bulky but just a demo version , the second one I made was smaller but only served the purpose for paging a tv remote and wasn't rechargeable. The final one which I just recently finished is about the size of one of those tiny mp3 players. Its rechargeable from the home base which also charges more then one at a time seeing how people often loose other daily things such as keys and walets etc...I've just finished getting the u.S. Patten for it which was not cheap may I say and now I'm just awaiting on approval for the canadian patten and as soon as thats done they will be available to everyone at a very affordable price. I have tested this final dxevice for about a year and a half now and have given them out to family and friends and have had no complaints. At full charge the battery last about 3-4 months paging it once a day, comes in a variety of colors and is very durable. So keep your eyes open for it in stores and on tv...

-reply by mike