xisto Community
coolduck123456

How To Install Ipb 2.2.1

My friend bought 2.2.1 a while back and now has no use for it. He passed it on to me. Now I am trying to get it to my web host. I was in the middle of uploading the files via FTP and then it froze on me, and said unresponsive script. I am currently trying to install it again. So what should I do after I upload all the files, and create a new DB? How do i get the installation started?

You'll want to upload the .zip or .tar.gz via cPanel, not FTP. I'll msg you on MSN/AIM with instructions.EDIT: My info is in my profile - shoot me an IM.

Just in case you still in need:If you've upload all the the contents in the "upload" folder you then go to your file management in your cpanel. Click on install folder and then you will click on install.phpNext it should take you to the IPS Installer screen. Make sure you have changed conf_global.php.dist to conf_global.php and chmod it to 777 so everything can be written when you get to the sql configure screen.When you have done this you can continue on and make sure the paths to your forum are correct and db fields are correct. Everything after that self installs. The final screen will tell you IPB 2.2.1 has now been installed and a link will be provided to your brand new forum.

This solved part of my issue, thanks. Now I can't continue. When I clicked the link at the finished screen it took me to the localhost/index.php which is just the default xampp admin panel and not the Boards. I was using xampp because I wanted to practice installing and modding my own IPB before shelling out the cash for hosting. Did I mess up installation or do I need to modify the default link? Thanks.

Oh.I don't think the IPB Board was hardly to install anyway.The first step was upload all files that present on the upload directory( You may use both of .gz or zip or files-by-files basis, it's depends on ths hosting function )Once it done. You have to go to login with hosting control panel and create a mysql database.Please remember the mysql database name, mysql database username, mysql server ip address,admin name and it's password that allowed to create mysql database. Now please point you url of your address to [your-domain-name]/[your-IPB Board-path/install/install.phpWhat you will see was a installation welcome screen and that reminded that you must chmod some folder within the location of your IPB Board files such as cache, templates etc.You won't lost as the screen will explained completely. So chmod the folder accordingly and then click next.Now you should have a screen that prompted you to enter some information about the mysql database informationI have it mentioned before. So, just type it in and click continue. After that, the installer will guide you through all step that needs to be completed to make the forum work.Just click continue when it stated you to do so.At the final screen. it will informed you must delete ( or rename ) the install folder so that decrease the riskfrom the instuder. From this now on, please click the `click here to go to forum index page`.That's all !!You get you forum's work now.Please PM me if you still got issues or post here.

Hello Friends !!! If, you have upload all the the contents in the "upload" folder then go to your file management in your cpanel. Click on install folder and then you will click on install.php Next It should take you to the IPS Installer screen Make sure. You have changed conf_global.php.dist to conf_global.php and chmod it to 777 So, everything can be written. When you get to the sql configure screen.When you have done this you can continue on and make sure the paths to your forum are correct and db fields are correct. Everything after that self installs.The final screen will tell you IPB 2.2.1 has now been installed and a link will be provided to your brand new forum.