Gfx Crew Aplication TypoMage

Name: Justin Simpson

E-mail: Zagubadu8024@hotmail.com

Time designing:

Well about almost a year.

Other sites:

N/A

Examples:

Well this is one that I am not allowed to show but click here if you want to see it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Once again not suitable for all users.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This sig.

Posted Image

With matching Avatar.

Posted Image

I gave this avatar and Sig to a friend on a different Forum, Some forum about Diablo stuff.

Sorry about some of the images I do not think that they are that bad but well, some Admin do so if you think you are ready click them. :P

Edited by TypoMage (see edit history)

I'm not sure if I want to say yes or no yet. Do you make anything else other then sigs? I mean your sigs are pretty great, but do you have any other art work to share? I think i am the newest new member of the GFX crew so i dont know, but i do not think we need someone who only makes sigs. Maybe we do i dont know! haha Dont get me wrong though! You sigs are great, but i dont want to say yes or no until i see some more art of different types. Even like a logo or header or even web site graphics.Also i dont know why those sigs are bad at all. I was ready to either see nudity or even blood, but neither of those were in those sigs. I think it's stupid you had to do that haha. Just have to wait for truefusion and the gang to come and vote.Good luck!

i like your stuff dude but i think you need to get round the other basics first. you are getting better but like BooZker said you could do with making other stuff. dont rush out and try web templates or anything just maybe some site gfx, banners and more logos and such. Try looking around other sites and filling contributing with some requests there or on t17 if you can.You have only made a handfull of sigs and although there ok they still miss basic things such as borders and some more filter work, better blending, text and lighting would be good too. easy said i know.At this point i would have to vote no just until you get more of the basics under your belt.

Edited by God-Of-Earth (see edit history)

Likewise with the other comments. If you used the GIMP to make these, good---that is quite good for the GIMP! But there are some things you could work on with the sigs, and like always: I look for more than just sigs. The logo you have there is good, but one is not enough to have me vote yes.

Some things i'd suggest to work on in the sigs area:

Render interaction with background (blending).

Borders

Multiple brush-style usage.

Multicolored backgrounds.

Text not so much, 'cause i understand that the GIMP does not have many options for text (if you're using the GIMP).

I vote no aswell. I've noticed in all of them, that they seem very much over-brushed. And dark. It's hard to make out the render it them.(Samus one aside).I noticed you said you've been designing for over a year - where's all your other work? You "first sig" thread was make little over a week ago. Was there designing prior to this? Could you please show us?The sigs also need borders. It's like a thing...Imaging water spilling over the edge of a table - it's a lot like that with sigs. The image doesn't seem like it's supposed to "end" without the border there. At least that's how it makes me feel. :P (very poetic?)The color's seem rather monotone. There's a lot of "Black" and then "another color". Nothing really in between.Text also needs improvement. Right now it's just white text on the background. (Or a different color) And it's really hard to see, for example on the green one. You need to give the text a border as well, you can do this in your blending options, by right-clicking the text layer.

Well my computer has a lot of problems and I mean a lot! And almost every month it gets really messed up and I have to wipe out my computer starting only a little while ago I have been saving them on a disc, which my brother made into a ninja star. :P I had a lot more with Zelda, Link and even random pictures of Anime. But of course my idiotic brother had to find the Cd-Rw and that is why All of my hard work is gone. I also had one Template I was working on. :D So I have practicly nothing. So I guess I am only a Sig maker and barely know anything else. :D Oh yes and about the ''My First Sig'' I used to not have a computer and I usually worked on my dads, so that is when I made that sig a long time ago, and I had just recently had to go on my dads because mine as full of problems and I found a old file where I kept my stuff, and I looked and there is was. I barely even remember making it.

Just putting in note I know that I have never expieremented with any of the stuff that you guys have but I know that if I were to try it I could get it really quick. Take a look at the topics begging that is my first userbar! Pretty good huh? I am just saying if you gave me a chance I could be really good.I am a very quick learner! :P

My vote still stands as is. You have great potential, but need more practice, in more areas aswell, not just sigs.

Well what must I learn to become Gfx crew member? I have looked at three apllications that they only have shown Sigs so this does not make sense to me.:P I can do more then just sigs I have the basics of Logos and also I can make a pretty good Userbar. :D

You still have quite a bit to learn even about sigs. Youyr getting better no doubt there. However when ppl request work or advice here they expect it to be of an extreamly high standard. Fir that you will need to get used to using everyting that you can. Im also concerned about having a crew member that only uses gimp. No offence but it is limited compaired to PS and personally i have not seen amazing work out of gimp from anybody.For example. My sig below is extreamly basic. But i do not feel you could create something like this for a request. And i really mean it is basic.Your a good friend dude but i dont think your ready for the a grx crew yet. Its more than just the sig thing.

Edited by God-Of-Earth (see edit history)

No offence but it is limited compaired to PS and personally i have not seen amazing work out of gimp from anybody.

Heh, once i get my new HDD, i'ma try to make something that can be compared to Photoshop work from the GIMP, since i will be forced to use the GIMP until i can get myself a copy of Photoshop. :P

Are you serious? Lots of good Sigs can be made with Gimp, out it this way Gimp is like Ps but the difference is this.Lets say you have Ps and you click a certain button to do something, Gimp on the other hand requires more steps to do that certain thing on Ps that you can do in only one click. So they are sort of the same except for the fact that Gimp is more complicated I think Ps is easier to use but Gimp is free, :P[Edit]Ok fine whatever I see you do not want a member like me in Gfx I can understand that, :(

your taking this all wrong. your work still misses certain things. on the other hand look at sylenzednuke's app. not saying do that but see how his work is compleatly differnt and not sigs. And he still needs to produce more work.

Typo - He was providing you with some critisim. No one means to offend someone else, or keep them out of the Graphics crew.