xisto Community
Vikash

Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy

Yea I saw it at a bookstore on sale for about 15 dollars.  I would recommend this outstanding book to anyone because it is very hilarious.  Also, my robotics team is based on this book.  Go team 481 Hitchhikers  :rolleyes:

141207[/snapback]

yeah I just finished hitchhikers. It's one of the funniest books I've ever read. you can tell that the movie would be worse (even though I haven't seen it) because many of the jokes can only be made in book form. See what I'm saying? Dat's the way it works, homie. 5/5

If you have read the books and also listened to the radio series ( original Hitch Hikers Guide), there are a lot of different things, though the story follows the same structure more or less. Also the radio series, I believe is funnier than the books, the sounds are really top notch and its a treat listening to the sigh of the automatic doors....... Marvin......Arthur.The ending is also different, but i'll not spoil it for you. I have got the link for all the Radio transcripts ( .mp3 ), but I'm not sure if its legal <_<

Is there a certain age you should be to read this book? I tried it when I was younger...and only read the first few pages thinking it was boring. I think I might pick it up again to see if i'll take to it differently this time.

Ok, I heard the books are absolutely hilarious, like you will laugh out loud to yourself, but all I have to say is: DON"T SEE THE MOVIE. It's just dumb, not even funny, and is the only movie I paid $7.00 to get into and felt it was still worth it to leave in the middle.

Hm... I didn't know the they made the book from the movie. Cool idea that they did it though, i don't know anywhere where i could find the book.Can any of you guys tell me where to find it and how much the price of the book is? I'd like to see what they got to say and how the book relates to the movie because the movie was funny. Also, from people that have read the book and have seen the movie. Do they actually tell you stuff about hitch hiking in the galaxy.Anyways i live close to a barnes and noble and yea i would just want to know a little about the book and how much it goes for on the shelfs. Thank you.

Well, the story is about:

A regular human is forced to (becasue of some events) leave the Earth. The book tells the struggles of Arthur who tries to survive the universe, geting used to universe. In his adventures, Arthur meets many different cultures. All of his encounters are hillarious.

In the book Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy is actully a electronic encyclopedia. It's given to Arthur by his alien friend. The guide is more or less like wikipedia :)

Ive bought the all books but I couldnt finnish it. I got bored (after around 550 pages) when Arthur finds a girlfriend. One of these days, I'll finish it.

Edited by Janissary (see edit history)

ThereHitch Hikers Guide To The GalaxyDid you know there is going to be a sequel?Yes, I know, the author is dead:(, but the author of Artemis Fowl, Eoin(pronounced Owen) was chosen to write the sequel, and by the way, does anyone know where to read the series for free?-reply by Daniel R.