xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
psp-playstation

not really sure ?? not really sure ??

3000 registered members

Is that alot for a web forum?
What if you are a moderator in a forum which currently has 183567 users. Im not one of them but i think its a tough job

Let me emphasize, "3,000" is the number of registered users. A good many of them no longer post, or post very seldom. That forum have been running continously for almost 6 years I think so number isn't that surprising.

What if you are a moderator in a forum which currently has 183567 users. Im not one of them but i think its a tough job

I have yet to see a forum that exceeded the 10,000 mark. But even if a forum has only a hundred members, moderating is still a tough job. Ideally the moderator-to-member ratio should be 1:40, but here we have four plus admin so that makes the ratio 1:89, which is from a moderator's point of view, barely acceptable.

For a forum that size, even if theoritical, it would require hundreds of moderators just to sift through all the post. Consider this, even if only a quarter of the members post each day that's still 4600 posts. Estimating that a Mod takes about a minute to read a post, that'll take 70 hours! Almost three days just to sift through a day's posts, and that assumes that you don't eat, sleep, or even pee. And remember people tend to post more than once a day. And Mods have to make up replys and warnings and other stuff that'll take time too. That's how tough being a Moderator can be.