xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
psp-playstation

not really sure ?? not really sure ??

Hey !!!I am actually a flash designer, also I work with 3ds max, but i am not sure what is PHP, i think html is a lot easier, so can anyone give me a reason why should i really work with php, while i can get nearly the same things i want with html ....

PHP is a programming language; HTML isn't.PHP is powerful and diverse; HTML isn't.PHP is dynamic; HTML isn't.PHP has features such as MySQL interactivity; HTML doesn't.PHP can have HTML imbedded in it; HTML can't have PHP imbedded in it.PHP owns; HTML doesn't.

Don't let templest see that question; he might have to skin you alive.

Search Google (use the search bar at the top of this page - it supports Xisto) for PHP tutorials, or try visiting the official PHP site and looking up the documentation or function list.

I learnt it just by fiddling and examining other scripts, but it took a lot longer than it should have.

why is templest always trying to look like he is the best guy in the world ???

He isn't. He is just doing his job, and he usually does it well.I would suggest you don't critisize any of the other moderators here. It isn't easy crawling through every single post to look for unwanted content.

They have every right to criticize ;) Its part of democracy, I believe.Anyways, Flash support PHP scripting within its own environment. ActionScript will only take you so far, that eventually you have to touch PHP when you want to take Flash into another level.

This is not a democracy. This is Xisto.Critisizing a moderator who contributes as much to the community as templest does (even though I don't always agree with him) will not be tolerated by me. Other moderators are free to take their own stand on that view.You have got no idea what templest and myself (especially templest) are required to do. I spend hours each day crawling through all the posts that have been submitted, trying to filter out the junk so that people like you don't have to put up with it. And there is no pay or any other rewards involved. I don't even have hosting here.If you are ever made moderator, I hope you get as much flack as templest does about your work.

This is not a democracy. This is Xisto.
Critisizing a moderator who contributes as much to the community as templest does (even though I don't always agree with him) will not be tolerated by me. Other moderators are free to take their own stand on that view.

You have got no idea what templest and myself (especially templest) are required to do. I spend hours each day crawling through all the posts that have been submitted, trying to filter out the junk so that people like you don't have to put up with it. And there is no pay or any other rewards involved. I don't even have hosting here.

If you are ever made moderator, I hope you get as much flack as templest does about your work.

I am a moderator four times over, each of which a least three times as large as this forums is. And never was I flamed in the course of three years, because I take great care how I moderate.

So if somebody doesn't put up with the way you handle things, you're going to gag him/her? That's totally Nazi if you ask me. There are limits of what we can put into words within this forum, yes, but no rule exist that we can't criticize anybody.

Look, I'm not questioning templest or any other mod and his/their contribution and effort. I know how it feels. Even if I'm not a mod here, I try to help out in small ways coz I know how the system works. But the fact that you won't take criticsm just because of what you're doing, that's totally absurd. Even Admin take criticsm, even after all the things he provided. ;)

I'm not 'gagging' anyone. If I were to be doing that, I would have deleted this thread, which would be pure idiocy or as you say, 'Nazism'.

I am not saying you can't criticize templest. I am in no position to be orderring anyone around at these forums; I am saying that I will not stand for the criticism of someone who helps out around here like templest does.

My initial statement was:

I would suggest you don't critisize any of the other moderators here

I do not remember saying at any point that you will not put forth any criticism. I said that I would not support it, and that I suggest that you don't do it.

I am a moderator four times over, each of which a least three times as large as this forums is.

No offense, but I can't help laughing at this. Edited by Sauron (see edit history)

Ok, then its settled ;) Well, each of the four forums I help moderate have members that ran into at least a thousand. The largest being a Star Trek-related forum with some 3000 registered members (although, of course, not all of them posts regularly which I should be thankful for B) ). The smallest is a boring "adult" forum my cousin runs that's sooo boring you'd be surprised why it got 1247 members and growing.Anyways out of topic... :P