xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SamiFX

Give A Price Of This Digital Camera

I gifted a digital camera last year and I want to buy it now, but I don't know it's real price, I've searched many stores on the net but I didn't find it. so I want you to give a price of this digital camera according to it's features:

GENX 6.0 Slim Ultra slim 6.0 Mega Pixel Camera

Posted Image

Features :

6.0 Mega Pixels

Ultra Compact

Aluminum Body

Lithium Battery (nokia series)

USB & DC power charging

SD Card option ( with 256 MB eXtreme SD Card )

Specifications :

" Image Sensor: CMOS (3.0 MP)

" Lens Specifications: F-2.8, f = 8.8mm.

" Focus Range: 1.5m to infinity

" Macro: 50cm

" Flash Strobe: Yes (Auto. Flash On. Flash Off, Red Eye Reduction)

" White Balance: Automatic /Daylight /Cloudy / Fluorescent / Tungsten

" Exposure Control; Auto / Manual

" Zoom: 4x Digital

" Display: 1.5 TFT LCD

" PC Interface: USB 1.1

" Power: Lithium-ion Rechargeable battery 3.7v

" File Type: JPEG / MJPEG (AVI)

" Dimension: 89.5 x 58 x 20 mm

" Bundled Software: Ulead Photo Explorer 8.0 SE & COOL 360

I think it's good if I'll buy it with 120$. :P How about it?

Notice from serverph:
added quote tags. please use appropriate bbcodes as needed, like for copied content from other websites.

perhaps a quick call to a GENX distributor in your area can help you get the current retail price. there's an address and telephone number you can contact from their website, that is if you are in Algeria. :P

A digital camer like this, without soundling like someone who hates off brand names, is usually a product of recycled parts from other companies. For example, the body style and design resembles Sony or Casio (which is also borrowed from Sony) and the sensor CMOS is Canon's part (CCD is Sony's technology). Nokia is not a major player in digital camera lens. So, knowing that the internal parts are components of other products you must realize that certain corners were cut. In this case you are paying for 3MP camera (6MP is interpolated).The key to today's expensive digital cameras, at least with point and shoot kinds, is the time response. You want to quickly turn on, almost zero warming up time and then click and store. Many of off brand named cameras take too long to power on, they need time to charge up the flash and takes forever to focus on the subject. And when you think you got it right it takes nearly full 5 seconds to save it to your digital film. If you can live with that, a mere $120 for the 3MP is well worth it. If you are like me and purchased DXG-308 digital camera with underwater case for $200, there is a reason why it only cost me $200--it is soooooooo sloooooooow when it comes to focus and store; even on some bright sunny days.So know what you are getting in to. Neither I nor you have used this camera before and so you should approach this purchase as though you are willing to gamble on the product. It may actually turn out to be the best 3MP digital camera you'll own; or maybe not. For the gambling purpose I would not pay more than $100 given the fact that there's no optical zoom.

i would say that a decent price for that camera is around the price you thought it would be maybe a little more based on other cameras i looked at online with around the same features as this one has