xisto Community
Norrad

Dealing With Stress What do you do?

To everybody who said meditating could alleviate your stress - wow. I'm not saying wow because it's a bad thing; it actually is the contrary. Believe me, I have tried meditating before and everytime I do, my mind races to other thoughts. I would sidetrack and eventually give in to my brain! I need to try it some other time though and try to vacate my mind to empty thoughts. But the easiest way for me to combat stress is to listen to music or exercise. They are what I call the "stress killers." If I really had a tough day in college, I would just go to my room, lock the door, and turn on the TV instead of doing anything. It usually ameliorates the stress. It usually helps me forget the bad day I had. But I recently read an article on TIME stating that meditating would be the best way to alleviate the stresses of a bad day.

Edited by BordaForx (see edit history)

For everybody who says, meditate, I'm so surprised. :D How do you guys do that? You guys are great, I just can't concentrate my mind on nothing. I seriously can't. I will get distracted by the smallest thigns, even my thoughs would sidetrack. I would think of this subject and then stories will be created in my head. Weird, I know. :P.......According to TIME magazine though, you should meditate; but like I said, I can't. :P

Well, meditation is a lot like exercise, you don't start out with the heaviest meditations. Generally one does simpler meditations first that 'build you up' so you can take on more difficult meditations.

If you check out those meditations I put up on that link, you'll find that neither of them need you to empty your mind or anything of the sort, but they still have a calming effect.

Meditating is a lot like lifting weight - you don't start out with a 200 or 300 pound bench press, similarly, you don't start out with the toughest meditations, you start with simple ones and progress as your ability to concentrate and focus improves. Then it becomes easy :D

Why scale a cliff when there are steps cut into the side of the mountain, hehe.
Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

stress usually stops me from thinking fairly well. so i listen to music. aside from programming and designing websites i play with my band (been to the muziklaban semis). Music really relaxes the mind and soul, keeps you excited even when tired. So its not just anti-stress but also a stimulant. Stress usually is the root of all medical abuses that killed alot of famous people.

To deal with stress, I either play video games, do exercise, read, or write out my frustrations. Difficult games keep my mind clear since I have to use 100% of my thinking power to focus on them. Writing my problems out makes it easy to get rid of my anger, stress, and sadness without talking to anyone about the issue or paying a psychologist.

When I'm stressed out I don't keep it bottled up inside because it only builds up, and you know stress kills and causes mental health problems (which I'll post about later).

It's good to have just that one person who you can talk to to let your stress out. Having an end result of feeling more comfortable about your current situation than before. I'm stressed constantly, and personally, I think men stress more than women because we as men have to stay focus and on point to do almost anything in this world.

I also like to produce music to take my mind off whatever is stressing me and turn it into a sound someone else can feel it's emotion through the music. Anything to ease the pain as long as it doesn't hurt you in anyway.

There always will be stress but if its a due date, paying bills, etc. you just have to be confident that you can do it and the stress decreases. Other ways i deal with it is exercising, hanging out with friends, taking care of what is causing the stress before it is due so i dont have to worry about it.

I have been stressed and I have experience :P I would recommend walking outside your home, talking with friends, forget the object that stressed you, think about another things.Don't bury yourself in your home, without social contacts. Watch calm movies, listen to the music you like (don't if it makes you feel worse).Another thing is the self-control :) If you have heartbeating, breath deeply, and don't think about it.